Career Pathway Certificate: Fire Protection Technology
- Do you want to become a firefighter?
- Would you excel at responding to emergency situations—house fires, medical emergencies, and/or traffic accidents—on a 24 hour cycle?
- Are you interested gaining the knowledge, skills, and ability to start a rewarding career?
The Fire Protection Technology Career Pathway is designed to prepare students with the skills and knowledge to enter the field of fire protection technology. PCC’s program is unique because it launches you into a career in a short amount of time, while preparing you to meet the state and national standards for certification.
The average wage for firefighters with experience is $60-65,000 a year. Entry level wages for firefighters are typically $21-27/hour. Wild land firefighters’ wages are typically $10-15/hour. Commitment to becoming or volunteer firefighter or continuing your education is encouraged to increase your job opportunities.
Finish your degree
The Fire Protection Technology Career Pathway Certificate leads to additional Fire Protection degrees. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
- GED and High School graduates. Placement into Math 20, Writing 115. Reading 115. Current HCP CPR Card.
- PCC Cascade.
- 3-4 terms.
- Use the cost calculator to see estimated costs.