Career Pathway Certificate: Personal Trainer
- Do you want to promote the health and wellness of others?
- Are you experienced in working as a fitness professional, and want to enhance your skills and abilities?
- Do you want to make a difference by helping others achieve their fitness goals?
- Opportunity awaits!
The Personal Trainer Career Pathway prepares you for a career as a fitness professional and can build on your experience working with diverse populations or in the fitness field, to provide specialized fitness services to individuals at varying levels. You can be part of the solution, promoting health, fitness, and an improved quality of life.
Average wage for is $40-45,000/year, with entry level wages of $12 to 14/hour.
Finish Your Degree
The Personal Trainer Career Pathway Certificate leads to additional certificates and degrees. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
- GED and High School graduates. Completion of IRW 115 or (WR 115 and RD 115) and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Note: First year winter term courses for the AAS degree and the Personal Trainer Career Pathway Certificate require MTH 65 or higher and WR 121 with a "C" or "P" or better as prerequisites. If you do not meet all the placement recommendations, contact us for other options.
- PCC Sylvania
- Three terms
Use the cost calculator to see estimated costs. For more detailed cost sheet contact 971-722-4210
- Attend a Exercise Science information session
- Complete the steps for new students
- Plan how you'll pay for college
- Call 971-722-4210 for help with scheduling, becoming a student, and mapping out your education and career path
- Find out more about the resources and support the Career Pathways team can provide!