Career Pathway Certificate: Healthy Older Adult Fitness
- Do you want to promote the health and wellness of older adults?
- Are you experienced in a field working with older adults or as a fitness professional, and want to enhance your skills and abilities?
- Do you want to be part of the movement preventing injury and illness in the aging population?
The Healthy Older Adult Fitness Career Pathway Certificate prepares you to be an entry-level fitness professional and can build on your experience working with older adults or in the fitness field, to provide specialized fitness services to older adults. You can be part of the solution, promoting health, fitness, and an improved quality of life.
Average wage for entry-level Fitness Professionals is $40-45,000/year, with entry level wages of $10-15/hour.
Finish your degree
The Healthy Older Adult Fitness Career Pathway Certificate leads to additional certificates and degrees. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
- GED and High School graduates. Completion of IRW 115 or (WR 115 and RD 115) and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. If you do not meet all the placement recommendations, contact us for other options.
- PCC Sylvania
- Three terms
Use the cost calculator to see estimated costs. For more detailed cost sheet contact 971-722-4210
- Attend a Exercise Science information session
- Complete the steps for new students
- Plan how you'll pay for college
- Call 971-722-4210 for help with scheduling, becoming a student, and mapping out your education and career path
- Find out more about the resources and support the Career Pathways team can provide!