Entry Level Healthcare Careers
Have fun, meet friends, acquire skills and training for a healthcare career! Interested in a career as a healthcare professional? Entry-Level training courses at PCC’s Institute for Health Professionals help you jump-start a healthcare career in a field that offers job security and living wages. Find the entry level courses we offer below.
Need help deciding your healthcare career path?
Discover healthcare career options with our free guide, Exploring Entry Level Healthcare Opportunities. In it, you’ll learn about:
- A day in the life of each job
- What to expect from your career
- Estimated salaries
- Training opportunities
- And much more!
Entry Level Healthcare Career Courses
Sterile processing technicians stock, sterilize, package and prepare tools and equipment used in surgical procedures.
Pharmacy technicians fill patient orders, manage third party insurance payment, and perform other related tasks.
Phlebotomists collect and process blood and urine specimens, assuring patient comfort with routine procedures.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA 1)
Care for patients by monitoring vitals and activity, assisting mobility, and tidying rooms.
Professional Medical Coding
Medical coders translate healthcare services into universal medical codes for doctors and insurance companies.
Patient Access Specialist
Patient Access Specialists provide customer service, maintain patient safety, and deliver critical parts of the healthcare revenue cycle.
Upcoming Course Schedule
Don’t see the course you want? Contact us for more information.
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: Visit pcc.edu/nc. If this is your first time registering, create an account. If you are a returning student, click on “Register for Classes” on MyPCC homepage.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.
From the IHP Blog
- Unlocking Your Healthcare Career with Medical Coding Opportunities
- Thu, 19 Oct 2023
- Are you considering a career change? The healthcare industry is booming, and there's no better time to start a career in healthcare. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the next decade is set to witness significant growth in healthcare occupations, and one of the standout opportunities is in the field of medical coding. In…
- Unlocking Your Career: Optician Assistant Training at PCC
- Fri, 13 Oct 2023
- In bustling Portland, a promising career awaits in the field of Optician Assistance. At PCC, you can kickstart your journey with just one term in our Optician Assistant Training program. By the program's end, you can even hand your resume to a potential employer.
- Pharmacy Technician 101: Is it Right for You?
- Fri, 26 Aug 2022
- Updated March 1, 2023 Healthcare is a field that never goes out of style. With the rise in chronic illnesses and an aging population, the demand for healthcare professionals is only growing. Working as a pharmacy technician is an accessible and quick entry point into a fulfilling healthcare career. With flexible hours, a solid salary,…
- View more ...