Brightspace by D2L
Brightspace is a learning management system; a password-protected, online course delivery option that adds special components to your class, such as:
- Online discussions
- Online quizzes/surveys
- Online assignment submissions
- Student gradebook
- Links to web resources
Brightspace is used for online, hybrid classroom/online, and classroom based courses. Online Instructor Orientations (OIO) for new online instructors are offered each term.
The Faculty Help Desk for instructor support is available weekdays 8am to 12pm and 1pm to 5pm, except on holidays.
Curious about Brightspace?
Watch this video tutorial that will show you what you can do in Brightspace.
Getting Started with Brightspace
If you want to get started on your own, here’s what you can do:
- Request a Brightspace practice shell
- Watch these video tutorials
- Have questions? Call the Faculty Help Desk or Contact an Instructional Technology Specialist
- Brightspace Video Playlist
- Collection of Brightspace Tutorials – PCC Online Learninig
- Most popular Brightspace Guides for Instructor
- Most popular Brightspace Guides for Student
Course setup requests
- Request for training, development, revision, and takeover forms – For a fully online class. This form must be completed by the division dean or department chair
- Activate a campus course in D2L Brightspace – For campus based classes. Must be performed for each term that you want to use Brightspace
- Request for Crosslisting courses – For merging multiple CRNs into one course offering
- Request a copy of the Hybrid course template
- Brightspace Pulse App – d2l.com/products/pulse/
A mobile app that helps you keep track of important updates for all your D2L classes.