New Course Development and TIIP (The Instructional Improvement Project)
Section 6.224 of the Faculty Contract
The College will allocate a minimum annual budget of $50,000 to support bargaining unit employees (Academic Professionals, Faculty, Librarians, Counselors) who are involved with rapid curricular or program change. Awards may be, but will not be limited to, stipends or release time.
This fund covers new course development and The Instructional Improvement Project (TIIP).
Full-time and part-time faculty and AP who are represented in the Faculty Federation contract and whose positions are funded under the general fund are eligible to apply for Curriculum Development funding.
New Course Development
New courses approved through the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
The Instructional Improvement Project (TIIP)
We are interested in funding projects with broad curricular impact. The priority for funding is:
- Multiple department/programs district-wide
- Multiple department/programs on a single campus
- Single department/program district-wide
- Single department/program on a single campus
No supplies, materials or certifications. The fund pays for time.
Applying for funding
Submit your application to the Office of Academic Affairs by the application deadline for the funding period for which you are applying. Funded projects must be completed in the designated funding period.
- The Instructional Improvement Project – Proposal for New Courses
- The Instructional Improvement Project – Application for Curriculum Innovation
- Completed application packets go to the Office of Academic Affairs. Email completed applications to Jade McIntosh at email@example.com.
- Applications are sent to the Curriculum Development Committee for review.
- TIIP applicants will present their projects at interviews held twice per year. Please see the application for the interview dates.
- Recommended applications are sent to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Office of Academic Affairs informs all applicants of funding status and provides support for applicants chosen for funding.
- For TIIP funding, status reports are required at the mid-point and completion of the project in order for funds to be dispersed.