Interested in hiring a work study student?
The purpose of Federal Work Study is to provide meaningful part-time employment to students who need the earnings to meet their educational expenses. The program is intended to provide jobs that enhance students' educational or career goals whenever possible.
PCC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical limitations, or veteran's status in any aspect of admission or treatment of students.
Federal regulations state that Federal Work Study students may not be used to replace or perform services which would otherwise be performed by regular employees, thereby depriving regular employees of employment. For this reason, PCC departments and off campus organizations should not rely heavily on Federal Work Study students to provide needed services.
In order to participate in the work study program at PCC, you must have your position approved by the Work Study Coordinator. Visit How to post a position to learn more.
Guidelines for eligible positions are as follows. Work study can not:
- displace a regular employee to hire a Federal Work Study (FWS) student.
- hire students to fill jobs that are vacant because regular employees are on strike.
- use FWS employment to impair existing service contracts.
- involve a FWS student in the construction, operation or maintenance of any facility to be used for sectarian instruction or as a place of religious worship.
- use a FWS student to further the political aspirations of a party, candidate or incumbent.
- deny work or subject a FWS student to differential treatment on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin or handicaps.