Sharing and reviewing syllabi
The PCC Dual Credit program requires a copy of the Dual Credit course syllabus (including any schedule of learning activities) for both high school and college courses at least once per articulation term.
- Email your PCC department’s on-campus syllabi to email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation email once your syllabi are received.
- Before submitting their syllabi, we’ve asked high school Dual Credit faculty to verify that their Dual Credit syllabi have met PCC’s requirements.
- High school instructors receive a copy of the course syllabus template. They may also use college syllabi examples provided by their PCC faculty liaison.
- The process is slightly different depending on past articulations. See the course review page for more details.
- The PCC faculty liaison uses the course approval form when reviewing and approving the high school Dual Credit faculty’s syllabus.
- The faculty liaison reviews the Dual Credit syllabus and notifies the high school instructor and the PCC Dual Credit office of the approval.
- If not approved, the liaison works with the high school instructor to make the necessary changes to meet the approval guidelines.
- When changes are made to the curriculum or to the syllabus by the PCC department, the liaison will forward these changes to the Dual Credit instructor.
- High school instructors are required to hand out a college-approved course syllabus at the beginning of each term, semester, or year (depending on the duration of the course) that is aligned with the equivalent college course syllabus.