Portland Community College is a connection point. People are here for different reasons. Disability Services is here for everyone.
Students taking credit courses
If you’re a credit student seeking accommodations at PCC, here’s what you need to know:
- You can start a connection with our Getting Started form
- You can learn more about the accommodation process through an information session
- If you have it, you can provide relevant disability-related documentation
- You’ll be able to meet with a Disability Services practitioner for a conversation
Students taking community education courses
If you’re a non-credit student, the accommodation process can be simpler. Choose either:
Using accommodations each term
Using the interactive process, you can request accommodations each term. As an adult student in postsecondary education, you are the one who is responsible for requesting accommodation. Make sure to begin the process after you’ve registered for classes, and if possible, before the term begins.
Send Faculty Notification – course by course decision
Request your accommodations online – this is done for each course each term. Assistance is available in person as well.
- Learn more in this video tutorial about requesting accommodations
- Review the Faculty Notification Letter
Work with faculty to discuss and implement accommodation
After sending the electronic notification, many accommodation strategies should be able to get put in place in a pretty straight forward manner, however there may be some areas in which collaboration and discussion will be needed.
- Whether by email, or in-person, or by phone, etc. – make sure that if you or your instructors have questions about the accommodation plan that you are bringing Disability Services into the conversation.
- We have some tips about discussing your accommodations with instructors
Address concerns proactively
Disability services is here to ensure rights and responsibilities are understood and honored. We are here for both you and your instructors. Communicate with Disability Services right away if there are questions or concerns and consult our policy page for additional information regarding grievance procedures.