Winter 2020 Registration Update
The following winter classes are still available:
Teen — NONE
Adult — Sylvania Adult ONLY
Updated 9:00am, 12/30/19
Note: The Spring 2020 schedule will be available Monday, 2/17/20. Spring 2020 Driver Ed registration will open Wednesday, 2/26/20 at 7am.
PCC’s program provides teens and adults with classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction. The behind-the-wheel instruction and in-car observation are scheduled outside of the classroom times and may extend past the last day of class.
The Oregon DMV will waive the Drive Test for all 15-17-year-old teen students who successfully complete this ODOT approved Driver Education course. The provisional driver license will still be obtained through DMV. All other licensing requirements will apply.
- Classes are offered throughout the year.
- Classes are open to all teens and adults.
- Classes are located at PCC campuses/centers. [opens in new window]
- Scholarships are available for students on a lunch assistance program, receiving SNAP benefits, and/or on the Oregon Health Plan (OHP). See “Course Registration Request” on the registration form for information.
- Behind-the-wheel lessons are held on weekdays and weekends and vary in length from 2-3 hours per week outside of the classroom hours.
- Teens must be 15-17 years old and complete the course before their 18th birthday to qualify for the ODOT teen program. Failure to complete the course before turning 18 will result in the student being required to repay the ODOT subsidy amount to PCC (see FAQ).
- Must have a valid Oregon Instruction Permit to register.
- Attendance at ALL sessions is mandatory.
- Students are only permitted to arrange for one missed session. Missed sessions must be made up at an additional cost of $50. Missing more than one session may result in being dropped from the course.
- Mandatory parent/teen orientation is held at the first class session.
- Must bring Oregon Instruction Permit and a photocopy of your permit to the orientation.
- Students must have a minimum of 10 hours of driving experience before beginning the class.
- Driver Ed classes are taught in English. Students must have reached intermediate proficiency in spoken English to register.
- For safety reasons, PCC reserves the right to drop any student if the instructor cannot safely communicate with them or if the student is unable to safely operate the vehicle.
Enrollment in Drivers Education classes is processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Incomplete registration packets will not be processed.
How to Register
- Download the appropriate Driver Education registration packet found at the bottom of the page under “Registration Packets.”
- Complete the packet in full (parts A – G), print the packet and sign parts F and G.
- Submit the packet once in one of the following ways:
- scan and save the packet as a PDF and email (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- fax (971-722-6623),
- submit in person (PCC Southeast Campus, Administration Hall Room 304, 7901 SE Division St, Portland OR 97206).
- An email will be sent by PCC to the student’s email address within five business days of the receipt of the registration packet and will include registration status confirmation and payment instructions.
Registration Packet FAQs
How will I know that registration packets are available?
Packets are available when registration opens. The date and times of registration are listed at the top of this page. You will know when registration is open when hyperlinked registration packets are posted under “Registration Packets” at the bottom of the page.
We recommend refreshing the browser when registration opens to ensure the page is fully updated.
What is the Consent to Release portion of the registration packet? Do I have to fill it out?
Due to FERPA regulations, minors are required to complete and sign the consent to release portion of the registration packet in order to release any student information to a parent or guardian or other authorized person. Adult driver education students are not required to complete this portion of the registration packet, but they can complete the form if they would like a spouse, friend, or parent to have access to their student records.
- Student Information includes registration or registration status, class schedules, drive times/locations, attendance, payment, test scores, grades, etc.
We highly recommend the student creates a MyPCC account and submits their Consent To Release form prior to submitting the registration packet so we are able to communicate with their parent/guardian regarding registration status. Students may also complete the Consent to Release as part of their registration packet.
- Instructions for creating a MyPCC student account:
- Visit pcc.edu/nc
- Select the “Create Your Account” option
- Select the “Apply as a non-credit” student option
- Follow the prompts to create the account
- Instructions for completing Consent to Release via MyPCC:
- Log into my.pcc.edu
- From your MyPCC Home tab, scroll down to the “Quick Links” menu (bottom left of page)
- Select “Consent to Release”
- Fill in all required information on the electronic “Consent to Release” form
- Select the types of records you would like shared
- The most common selections for Drivers Ed students are “Course Schedule,” “Student Finances,” “Enrollment Status,” “Attendance,” “Grades”
- When you have filled out all required information, click “Add this Name”
- If you would like to add multiple people, click “return” and repeat steps 5 and 6
Students may also complete and submit the Consent to Release form as part of the registration packet.
The confidential code is a password or code that the student creates and provides to us. It is used to verify the identity of authorized individuals when they call to discuss student information. We will ask for this code each time student information is discussed.
I do not have a PCC ID. What do I do?
A PCC ID is not required to register for Driver Education. If the student does not have a PCC ID number, one will be assigned when the registration is processed.
What if I do not have a driver’s permit? What if I only have an interim permit?
A permit is required. Registration packets will not be processed without a valid permit number listed.
Interim permits are accepted at the time of registration. Once you’ve received your permanent permit, please make a copy of it and give it to your classroom instructor.
Why are teen and adult classes different prices?
ODOT subsidizes 15-17 year old Oregon resident students who complete the program before their 18th birthday. A student who fails the class is still eligible for the subsidy as long as they completed all portions of the course.
Per Oregon statute, adult students (18+ and teens with a Driver License) are not eligible for the subsidy.
If the student does not complete the program, they are required to repay the ODOT subsidy amount to PCC.
Is there a discounted scholarship tuition?
ODOT provides a $75 tuition scholarship for qualifying students. PCC matches ODOT’s scholarship for a total scholarship of $150.
To qualify, students must provide a copy of the assistance letter with their registration packet signifying they receive one of the following:
- Lunch assistance program at school
- SNAP household assistance
- Oregon Health Plan (OHP) participation
If a scholarship student does not complete the program, they are required to repay the full scholarship and ODOT subsidy amount to PCC.