PCC’s program provides teens and adults with classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction. The behind-the-wheel instruction and in-car observation are scheduled outside of the classroom times and may extend past the last day of class.
The Oregon DMV will waive the Drive Test for all teen students who successfully complete this ODOT approved Driver Education course. License will still be obtained through DMV. All other licensing requirements still apply.
- Classes are offered throughout the year.
- Classes are open to all teens and adults.
- There are offerings at Portland Public High Schools, Beaverton Southridge High School, and PCC campuses. [opens in new window] You need not be a student of any particular campus/school to attend.
- Scholarships are available for students on a lunch assistance program. See Part E of the registration form for information.
- Behind-the-wheel lessons are held on weekdays and weekends and vary in length from 2-3 hours per week.
- Teens must be 15-17 years old to qualify for the ODOT teen program and complete the course before their 18th birthday.
- Must have a valid Oregon Instruction Permit to register.
- Attendance at ALL sessions is mandatory.
- Missed sessions must be made-up at an additional cost.
- Mandatory parent/teen orientation is held at the first class session.
- Must bring Oregon Instruction Permit and a photocopy of your permit to the first class.
- Students should have a minimum of 10 hours of driving experience before beginning the class.
- Driver Ed classes are taught in English. Students must have reached intermediate proficiency in spoken English to register. For safety reasons, PCC reserves the right to deny instruction if the instructor cannot safely communicate with the student.
- If you have previously completed an approved ODOT Driver Ed class then you are not eligible for the teen pricing and must register as an adult.
Winter 2019 registration opens Friday, November 16 at 7am.
Winter Driver Education Registration forms will be available Friday, November 16 at 7am.
Classes fill quickly; registrations are processed in the order received.
- Download the appropriate Driver Education registration form (Registration forms will be available Friday, November 16 at 7am):
- Teen Driver Education – Ages 15 to 17 (Winter 2019 registration opens Friday, November 16 at 7am)
- Adult Driver Education – Ages 18+ (Winter 2019 registration opens Friday, November 16 at 7am)
- Complete, save, and submit the form by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), print and fax (971-722-6623), or submit in person (SE Campus – Administration Building Rm 304).
- An email will be sent by PCC within five business days of the receipt of the registration form and will include registration status confirmation and payment instructions.