Entry Level Healthcare Careers
Have fun, meet friends, acquire skills and training for a healthcare career! Interested in a career as a healthcare professional? Entry-Level training courses at PCC’s Institute for Health Professionals help you jump-start a healthcare career in a field that offers job security and living wages. Find the entry level courses we offer below.
Need help deciding your healthcare career path?
Discover healthcare career options with our free guide, Exploring Entry Level Healthcare Opportunities. In it, you’ll learn about:
- A day in the life of each job
- What to expect from your career
- Estimated salaries
- Training opportunities
- And much more!
Entry Level Healthcare Career Courses
Sterile processing technicians stock, sterilize, package and prepare tools and equipment used in surgical procedures.
Pharmacy technicians fill patient orders, manage third party insurance payment, and perform other related tasks.
Phlebotomists collect and process blood and urine specimens, assuring patient comfort with routine procedures.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA 1)
Care for patients by monitoring vitals and activity, assisting mobility, and tidying rooms.
Professional Medical Coding
Medical coders translate healthcare services into universal medical codes for doctors and insurance companies.
Patient Access Specialist
Patient Access Specialists provide customer service, maintain patient safety, and deliver critical parts of the healthcare revenue cycle.
Upcoming Course Schedule
Don’t see the course you want? Contact us for more information.
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: Visit pcc.edu/nc. If this is your first time registering, create an account. If you are a returning student, click on “Register for Classes” on MyPCC homepage.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.
From the IHP Blog
- The Essential Role of Sterile Processing Technicians (and How it Can Help Your Career)
- Thu, 10 Mar 2022
- Hospitals and other clinical care facilities can only operate because they maintain meticulous attention to cleanliness. People expect hospital spaces to be clean to prevent complication risk due to exposure to outside bacteria or viruses. As a result, healthcare settings employ Sterile Processing Technicians who are very well versed in how to completely, carefully, and…
- How a PCC Student Became a Pharmacy Technician in the Pandemic
- Wed, 25 Aug 2021
- Pharmaceuticals is a growing field, and the demand for pharmacy techs is high. It is a field that never has a shortage of work. However, just like in other industries, current events have made working in the pharmacy even more difficult than it was before.
- Explore the Optician Assistant Training program at PCC
- Mon, 03 May 2021
- There's a growing field in Portland that you've got to see to believe! No, really! At PCC you can get started in a career as an Optician Assistant after just one term in the Optician Assistant Training program. On the last day of class you can turn your resume in to a potential employer.
- View more ...