CAMP Mentor application
Applications are due Friday, May 12, 2023.
PCC CAMP is hiring Peer Mentors for next school year (2023–2024). These are part-time student employment positions for the academic school year, working 10 – 12 hours per week.
- CAMP Peer Mentors provide support to first-year college students from migrant and seasonal farm work backgrounds who are participants in the CAMP Program.
- Good communication, organization, and teamwork skills are essential for this student leadership position.
- Assist with planning and facilitation of summer CAMP Orientation activities scheduled for September 11-14, 2023.
- Maintain time management skills to schedule individual meetings with CAMP mentees to provide encouragement and resources in their transition to college.
- Coordinate group meetings to build community with the mentee group.
- Monitor CAMP Study Hall hours and tracking of student academic progress.
- Help organize workshops and program events for migrant students and their families to learn about higher education.
- Participate in professional development training throughout the school year to develop mentorship skills.
- Complete the PCC CAMP Program with 36 or more credits while maintaining a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher.
- Continue your education at PCC for a second or third year of college studies Fall 2023 through Spring 2024.
- Successfully renew your 2023–2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Complete the following CAMP Mentor Application Form. Applications will be accepted through May 12, 2023. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
"*" indicates required fields