Prerequisites Begin Fall 2008
Contact information for the different campus advising sites.
Beginning Fall 2008, PCC will have standard prerequisites of reading, writing and mathematics for general education courses. The standard prerequisites are:
- Successful completion (grade “C” or higher) of WR 115, or placement into WR 121, and
- Successful completion (grade “C” or higher) of RD 115, or equivalent test scores, and
- Successful completion (grade “C” or higher) of MTH 20 or placement into MTH 60
PCC strongly recommends taking care of any missing prerequisites right away. Students can meet with an academic advisor at any academic advising office for help in planning classes and getting questions answered about classes taken at another school.
For a list of reading, writing and math prerequisites for all PCC general education courses please see the Prerequisite Course List.
For a list of sample courses that have requirements lower than the standard prerequisites, please see the PCC Course Recommendations Based on Current Placement chart. It is highly recommended that students meet with an academic advisor to select appropriate courses.
Current students (those active prior to Fall 2008) will have prerequisites temporarily deferred until Spring 2009. Please see an academic advisor if you have any questions.
Placement testing can be completed at any PCC testing office prior to start of fall term but the sooner testing is done the better. Things to remember before you take the placement test:
- The placement test can be taken no more than two times in three years.
- Each section of the test can be taken twice during that time period.
- Placement testing is free for PCC students upon admission to the college.
- Visit the testing website for a test preparation workshop.
Have transfer credits from another school?
If you have credits from another school that you think may help you meet PCC prerequisites, you need to request that those transcripts be sent to the Office of Student Records. In late spring 2008, a process will be in place for transcripts from other schools to be evaluated. Stay tuned for more information on this.