Sylvania HT 126 | 971-722-4795
National Standards, Local Expertise
Located at the Sylvania Campus, PCC’s Nursing program is accredited by the Oregon State Board of Nursing and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN). In our program, you will learn the knowledge and skills required for an entry-level nursing job, and qualify to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses, which is a requirement for practice. Our program is designed to prepare the student to be licensed as a registered nurse (RN). RNs deliver nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings.
In 2010 PCC became a member of the Oregon Consortium for Nursing Education (OCNE). This coalition of statewide nursing educators and programs consists of OHSU, PCC, Umpqua Community College, Southwestern Oregon Community College, Rogue Community College, Lane Community College, Clackamas Community College, Mount Hood Community College, and Blue Mountain Community College. OCNE schools have the same prerequisites and comparable application processes for students.
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate of Applied Science Degree
Admitted Nursing students will have the option of completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing at Oregon Health and Science University after successfully completing two years at PCC. For more information please visit OHSU Community College Transitions page. PCC also has a formal articulation agreement with Linfield College School of Nursing. PCC students are provisionally accepted into the RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program during their final term.
- Please view this presentation. If you have more questions, attend an Information Session and/or make an appointment to speak with an Advisor: 971-722-4795.
- If you do not have the required program prerequisites (see Catalog), apply for admission to PCC, register and complete prerequisites.
- For more information about prerequisites and transferring credits, refer to the Health Admissions Office Getting Started web page.
- Apply for admission to the Nursing program.