Nursing, associate degree
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|Associate Degree: Nursing||2 years||Limited entry, see how|
to get into this program
Learn more about Nursing »
Course listing for the 2023-2024 catalog year.
|BI 231||Human Anatomy & Physiology I 1||4|
|BI 232||Human Anatomy & Physiology II 1||4|
|BI 233||Human Anatomy & Physiology III 1||4|
|BI 234||Microbiology 1||5|
|FN 225||Nutrition 1||4|
or MTH 98
|Intermediate Algebra 1
or Math Literacy II
|PSY 215||Human Development 1||4|
|WR 121||Composition I (WR121=WR121Z) Z||4|
|WR 122||Composition II (WR122=WR122Z) Z||4|
|General Education: 2 Social Science courses||6|
|Any Lower Division Collegiate course||2|
|NRS 110||Foundations of Nursing- Health Promotion||9|
|NRS 232||Pathophysiological Processes I||3|
|NRS 111||Foundations of Nursing in Chronic Illness I||6|
|NRS 230||Clinical Pharmacology I||3|
|NRS 233||Pathophysiological Processes II||3|
|NRS 112||Foundations of Nursing in Acute Care I||6|
|NRS 231||Clinical Pharmacology II||3|
|General Education: 1 Arts and Letters course||3|
|NRS 221||Chronic II||9|
|NRS 222||Acute Care II||9|
|NRS 224||Integrative Practicum I||9|
These courses must be completed within seven years prior to application for the Nursing AAS program. Any MTH course for which MTH 95 or MTH 98 is a prerequisite will satisfy the MTH 95/MTH98 requirement.
This course is part of Oregon Common Course Numbering. The following courses are equivalent:
WR 121 and WR 121Z
WR 122 and WR 122Z
- Students must complete at least 30 credits of the Pre-Program Requirements by the application deadline for the Nursing AAS program, including BI 231 and MTH 95 or MTH 98.
- Students must complete all 45 credits of the Pre-Program Requirements, and be accepted into the Nursing AAS program, before enrolling in any NRS course.
- All Pre-Program Requirement coursework must be completed with a grade of C or better. Pass/No Pass grades not accepted.
- The OCNE RN-BS with a major in Nursing completion option at OHSU for PCC AAS Nursing graduates has additional requirements that can be completed at PCC simultaneously with the AAS:
- MTH 243 (Students are encouraged to complete this course soon after taking MTH 95/MTH 98)
- 9 credits in English, Foreign Languages, Art, Music, Philosophy, Religion, Theater Arts, or Women's Studies. These can be met by taking any PCC course in ENG, ASL, CHN, FR, GER, JPN, RUS, SPA, MUS, PHL, R, TA, or WS.
- Language proficiency for graduation. This can be met by two years of high school study of the same language, by passing an OHSU-approved language proficiency exam, or by taking 2 quarters of college language student of the same language. Students can meet this requirement by taking two language courses in one of the following subjects at PCC: ASL, CHN, FR, GER, JPN, RUS, SPA.