Special event this summer only!
The Intel Ultimate Engineering Experience is geared to support undergraduates exploring engineering and computer education. This is an exciting opportunity that is open to students majoring in Computer Information Systems - you won’t want to miss it!!
- Rock Creek Campus
- July 15 - August 22, 2013
- Intel Ultimate Engineering Experience
Information technology jobs are "projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations and add 286,600 new jobs over the 2008-18 decade."US Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2010-11 Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Computer Information Systems are a necessary and vital component of our modern life. Our program prepares students for careers in computer networking and information software by providing training in the programming languages, tools and technologies used in today’s IT industry. Our classes are taken by students who are new to Information Technology (IT) as well as by IT professionals, who are interested in updating or expanding their skill set.
Some typical entry-level jobs in this field include Computer Support Specialist, Help Desk, Network Administrator Assistant, and Database Administrator Assistant. Please visit Careers to learn more about this exciting industry.
Some of the topics covered in our CIS program include:
- Programming and Application Development
- Database Development
- Web Technology
- Health Informatics
- Network Administration
- Network Security and Computer Forensics
- Project Management
Degrees and Certificates
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate of Applied Science: Computer Information Systems Degree
- Associate of Applied Science in CIS: Network Administration degree option
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Informatics
- One-Year Certificate in Computer Information Systems
- One-Year Certificate in E-Commerce
- Design and Development Concentration
- Administration Concentration
- Less than One-Year CIS Career Pathway Certificates:
- Database Design and SQL
- Oracle and SQL
- Java Application Programming
- VB.Net Application Programming
- Web Application Development
- Network Administration
- Linux Server Administration
- Microsoft Server Administration
- UNIX/Linux Network Security
- Windows Network Security
Please see the catalog for information regarding program requirements and course descriptions.
The Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT) offers regionally accredited Bachelor of Science degrees in Information Technology and many of our CIS courses will transfer into their program. To learn more about OIT’s program, please visit our University Transfer website. CIS Student Resource Specialists can also help answer many of your transfer questions.
Course PlanningThe program is located on the Sylvania campus, although many of the beginning CIS courses are offered at several PCC campus and center locations. Most of the courses can also be completed online. The student is expected to work with a CIS Student Resource Specialist or CIS Faculty Advisor in planning term by term schedules leading toward fulfillment of all program requirements.
- Apply for admission to PCC. Identify yourself as a Degree or Certificate seeking student and specify the CIS program when you fill out the application.
- Take the College Placement Tests. (See the Program Requirements listed in the catalog.)
- Meet with a CIS Department advisor in order to determine which classes are most appropriate to take and the sequence in which to take them.