Computer Information Systems are a necessary and vital component of our modern life. Our program prepares students for careers in computer networking and information software by providing training in the programming languages, tools and technologies used in today’s IT industry. Our classes are taken by students who are new to Information Technology as well as by IT professionals, who are interested in updating or expanding their skill set.
Some typical entry-level jobs in this field include Computer Support Specialist, Help Desk, Network Administrator Assistant, and Database Administrator Assistant. Please visit Careers to learn more about this exciting industry.
Topics covered in the CIS program include:
- Programming and Application Development
- Database Development
- Web Technology
- Network Administration
- Network Security and Computer Forensics
- Project Management
Degrees and Certificates
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate of Applied Science: Computer Information Systems
- Associate of Applied Science: Computer Information Systems Network Administration Option
- One-Year Certificate: Computer Information Systems
- Less than One-Year CIS Certificates:
- Microsoft Server
- Linux Server Administration
- Web Application Development
- C# Application Programming
- Java Application Programming
- Database Design & SQL
Please Note: The Less-Than-One-Year Certificates are at an advanced level and are designed for individuals already working in an information technology position.
Please see the Catalog for information regarding program requirements and course descriptions.