BCT: Student Employment & Cooperative Education
The construction industry is one of the fastest growing industries in Oregon. Employers in this field have the option of contacting PCC and posting their employment opportunities for PCC students and graduates. To have these employment opportunities sent directly to your email account, see CareerConnections Job Postings.
Cooperative Education is a nationally recognized program that allows you to earn college credit, while gaining valuable on the job experience in your major area of study. You can practice the skills you've learned in the classroom in real job settings. With cooperative education (sometimes called co-op, internship or practicum) you gain practical work experience, make informed career decisions, and gain an advantage in the job market through the cooperative effort of you, the college and an employer.
- Building Construction Technology Cooperative Education
- Students working towards their Associates Degree or 2 year certificate in Building Construction Technology have an option of enrolling in Cooperative Education as an elective.
- Construction Management Cooperative Education
- Students pursuing their Associates Degree or 2 year certificate in Construction Management are required to enroll in Cooperative Education for a total of 8 credits.
- Design Build Remodeling Cooperative Education
- Students pursuing their Associates Degree or 2 year certificate in Design Build Remodeling are required to enroll in Cooperative Education for a total of 6 credits.
For information regarding Student Employment & Cooperative Education Services, contact:
Nancy Pitzer, Student Employment & Cooperative Education Specialist
Rock Creek Building 9, Room 108
Web Resources For Your Employment Search
- AGC-Oregon - The Oregon Columbia Chapter of The Associated General Contractors has an employment site for its members. If you are a member of the Student Chapter, check out the opportunities listed.
- Madden Industrial Craftsmen - A premier provider of industrial and construction skilled labor to the Portland/Vancouver and greater Seattle market areas. They are consistently ranked among the Top 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon and have a very active partnership with PCC.
- Jobs for Students and Graduates
- Job Search.com