Faculty and staff permits
Faculty and staff can deduct parking permit costs from their paychecks pre-tax. Casual employees, student help and work study positions are not eligible for payroll deduction. Apply for your pre-tax deduction by completing a payroll deduction form – drop off your form and pick up your permit at Student Account Services.
Types of permits
|Type of permit||Cost||Payment|
|Full-time staff||$12.50 per month||$12.50 taken out of every paycheck|
|.75 FTE or less||$8.33 per month||$8.33 taken out of every paycheck|
|Part-time faculty *||$30 per term||Re-apply each term (full amount taken out of one paycheck or charge and pay using PCC account)|
|Casual employees||$40 per term||Buy at Student Account Services each term|
|Daily and hourly permits||See pricing information||Sold at any campus pay station|
Most part-time faculty use the online tool each term to order their parking permit. Online permit orders are mailed directly to their home address. No waiting in line! Best of all, part-time faculty who order online are automatically entered into a random drawing each term to win one of ten free permits!
To order online, you must:
- Purchase permits via payroll deduction
- Be a current part-time faculty employee
|Term||Ordering begins||Ordering ends||Permits mailed|
|Spring 2020||February 25, 2020||March 30, 2020||Mar 26, 27, 30, & 31|
Note: Permits must be ordered online at least one day prior to scheduled mailing date to be included in the mailing.
Here are the quick and easy steps to order online:
- Log in to MyPCC and select the Employee tab.
- In the Tools channel, find the Support heading.
- Click Buy Term Parking Permit (Part-Time Faculty Only).
- Be patient – you may see a blank white screen for up to 10 seconds.
- Confirm your address or update, if needed.
- Select the vehicle to be associated with the permit (or add vehicle if it’s not already there).
- Click Part-Time Faculty Permit.
- Check the box marked I agree. This confirms your payroll deduction.
- Click once on Submit Permit Request.
- You will receive a confirmation page once the order is processed.
- Call 971-722-8181 if you have any questions.
Part-time faculty who want to stand in line must submit a new payroll deduction form each term and pick up their permit at Student Account Services. However, part-time faculty may buy an annual permit at Student Account Services in December and January each year; but it cannot be paid through payroll deduction.
If your status changes from full-time to part-time, or from part-time to full-time, notify the Payroll Department of the change. Monthly deduction for your parking permit will be adjusted to reflect your new status beginning with the first day of the following calendar month unless you cancel your election as described below.
Cancelling payroll deductions
- You cannot cancel your permit deduction in the middle of a calendar month – we must receive the request by the 15th of the month to be removed from the following month’s paycheck.
- Return your parking permit to Transportation and Parking Services (SY-CSB-329) along with a completed payroll action form.
- You must submit your permit and request before the effective date of the cancellation.
- Any cancellation will be effective on the first day of the following calendar month.