To promote and encourage riding public transit, PCC offers cost-saving programs for both students and staff. TriMet tickets and passes are also available for purchase at all campus bookstores.
TriMet Reduced Fare Program – the best option
Sold by TriMet and still available
Get access to 50% off TriMet single-use tickets and day passes, and pay only $28 for monthly passes (72% savings) by joining the TriMet Reduced Fare Program. Individuals with an annual income at or below $29,160 can qualify. Similarly, a family of four with an income of less than $60,000 will also qualify. Full details on program qualifications can be found on the TriMet site. You can apply at numerous sites around the Portland area, so be sure to check out the TriMet website for specific locations. TriMet is now able to verify your eligibility remotely on the TriMet website.
PCC Student Term Hop card – the next best option
- Students must be registered for PCC classes.
- The cost is $100 for the Fall term Hop pass.
- Online sales will begin Monday, September 11th.
- Online sales end on October 1st.
- Students can order from the link on their MyPcc page. (Look in the center section of the home tab for the box “Term-to-term checklist”, specifically in the “After you register” section).
- These passes are valid through December 31st.
- Orders are processed the next business day after the order is placed.
- Your PCC Student account is charged when the new Hop card is mailed or when the Hop pass is placed on the existing PCC Hop card.
TriMet faculty and staff passes
All PCC faculty and staff (including casual employees) can purchase a monthly TriMet pass on a pre-tax basis. For the average employee, this would reduce the cost by approximately 31%. Individual savings will depend on your income tax bracket.
To sign up or cancel the program, complete a pre-tax payroll deduction application and submit the completed form to the Payroll Department. Applications and cancellations may be made at any time, but must be received by Payroll prior to the 15th of each month to become effective by the following month.
Note: Neither PCC nor TriMet will be responsible for any lost or stolen passes and passes will not be replaced.
TriMet offers a trip planner to help you find your way.
- Sylvania: 44, 78
- Rock Creek: 47, 52, 67
- Cascade: 4, 44, 72, Max Yellow Line
- Southeast: FX2, 72, Max Green Line
- Opportunity Center at 42nd Avenue: 72, 75
- CLIMB Center: 6, 10, 14, (Bus stop is one block north on the Hawthorne Bridge) or FX2, Street Car, Max Orange Line (SE Water/OMSI)
- Hillsboro Center: 47, 48, 57, Max Blue Line
- Willow Creek Opportunity Center: 52, 59, 88, Max Blue Line
- Swan Island: 72, 85, or third party shuttle
- OMIC Columbia County Rider
- Newberg Center: Yamhill County Transit offers shuttle service from McMinnville to Newberg to Tigard on routes 44 & 45X.
- Tigard Transit Center: Connects WES commuter rail to line 78.
Routes from Washington to Cascade Campus
Students: you can use your TriMet Student Select Pass on C-Tran to PIR/EXPO!
Ride C-Tran or drive to the PIR/EXPO Yellow Line light rail station and then take the Yellow Line to Killingsworth. At Killingsworth, catch bus 72 to campus.