Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind
by the Neo Futurists
Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind (30 Plays in 60 Minutes) was the longest running show in the history of Chicago theater, and is finally coming to Portland!
The 30 two-minute plays are performed in random order with the audience choosing which play happens next via chat, and the actor’s responding in real time!
An onstage 60-minute timer keeps everyone honest.
This collection of 90 comic, tragic, political, personal, and abstract plays reflects the lives and experiences of our uniquely hard to define era- Go!
This play contains strong language, deals with adult topics and may not be appropriate for all ages.
Performance schedule and registration
Performances will be held on Zoom and will run approximately 60 minutes, followed by live talkbacks with the director, crew, and cast! The link for each date below will take you to registration for the live Zoom performance of your choice.
- Thursday, March 10, 2022, 7pm – house opens at 6:30pm, curtain at 7pm
- Friday, March 11, 2022, 11am matinee – house opens at 10:30pm, curtain at 11am
- Friday, March 11, 2022, 7pm (audio description) – house opens at 6:30pm, curtain at 7pm
- Saturday, March 12, 2022, 7pm (ASL interpretation) – house opens at 6:30pm, curtain at 7pm
- Sunday, March 13, 2022, 2pm – house opens at 1:30pm, curtain at 2pm
There is no cost for tickets, but we request that you donate to the PCC Theatre Arts Scholarship Fund. Any donation amount is appreciated, and funds help PCC Theatre Arts students pursue their goals in academics. Thank you!