Banner is a database application used to securely maintain and update records. It’s modules include Banner Student, Finance, and HR. There are two user aspects to Banner: “self-service/Banweb” pieces (used by students, administrative staff, instructors, etc.) and then the Banner administrative pages–where staff and faculty run reports and look up information.
There are two different processes for getting access and training to Banner.
You are automatically enrolled to received Banner access and training if you are a new employee who is an:
- Executive Assistant (EA);
- Instructional Administrative Assistant (IAA);
- Office Assistant (OA); OR
- Any management role.
You will be corresponded with by the IT Service Desk staff via email regarding the Information Protection Orientation and Banner Basics Training.
If you are not a part of Process 1, your managers can submit the Banner Access Authorization form on the Managers tab within MyPCC.
- Once the form has been submitted, this creates an IT Service Desk ticket.
- The IT Service Desk confirms that the manager who submitted the ticket on the users behalf is in fact their manager.
- If the Request is for a casual employee, the IT Service Desk requests a written comment of approval from the appropriate Banner System Manager to be entered in the ticket.
- The IT Service Desk determines if the user has had the requisite training to be provided access.
- Information Protection Orientation: This training is hosted in D2L and provides a basic data security training to PCC Employees and affiliates
- This training has to have been completed within the last 4 years to be provided access. If not, the individual who is requesting access will need to take the training.
- Banner Basics: This training is hosted in Cornerstone and provide PCC Banner Users with basic guidelines for navigating Banner
- This training has to have been completed within the last 2 years to be provided access. If not, the individual who is requesting access will need to take the training.
- Training should be completed within 10 days of the course being provided to the user requesting access. IT Service Desk will close tickets after 10 days in cases where the user has been assigned training and the training has not been completed in that time.
- It is the requesting managers responsibility to ensure that the user has dedicated time to complete the requisite training for access.
- Once training has been completed, the IT Service Desk updates the users records in Banner, denoting that training has been completed and creates IT Service Desk tickets for the Banner System Manager to provide the user access the the requested Banner forms.
- Each Banner System (Human Resources, Financial, or Student) may have additional training to provide the user prior to gaining access to more sensitive Banner Forms.
After Banner access is granted and you have completed the required Information Protection Orientation (IPO), submit a Remote Access Request form and list Banner Remote Access as a part of the services you need access to off-site. Further instruction is provided after the remote access form is received.
- Sophisticated financial management
- Comprehensive human capital management (HCM), payroll and position control
- Management of data centered around admissions, registration, curriculum management, advising and assessment
Service Availability: 24/7
Service Owner: Banner Team