This content was published: November 6, 2020. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
We’re Hiring A Strategic Energy Associate!
Posted by jade.menchaca
Portland Community College Strategic Energy Management (SEM) Associate
Portland Community College is looking for a qualified person to join in our efforts to reduce energy use and increase our employee engagement activities. The associate will support the college’s Strategic Energy Management (SEM) program and PowerShift energy team by monitoring and tracking energy use, identifying energy efficiency opportunities, and developing employee awareness and engagement campaigns.
This person should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the associate position having gained broad experience in various aspects of energy efficiency and sustainability. Currently all our work is remote but we hope that we will be back on campus sometime in 2021. We are requesting at least a year commitment for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Work with the college’s energy management system to monitor and track energy use district-wide to benchmark buildings enrolled in the SEM program and support energy management at PCC.
● Analyze data for SEM modeling.
● Analyze data using BuildingOS and Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
● Conduct night audits to identify energy efficiency opportunities when needed.
● Review building automation systems equipment trends for efficiency opportunities.
● Interview and document standard operating procedures with FMS staff for equipment and HVAC systems and develop written requirements based on energy efficiency best practices.
● Work with the maintenance department to track and maintain Energy Action List and ensure completion of identified projects.
● Oversee USDOE 50001 Ready certification process.
● Utilize US Department of Energy resources to optimize energy efficiency
● Continue work on strategic scheduling project
● Analyze heat maps and discuss the outcome with FMS staff.
● Create and deliver employee awareness campaigns, including the creation of signage, marketing materials, informational emails, games, and competitions.
● Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials.
● Research and identify areas in the organization where energy awareness is low and develop plans for engagement.
● Develop reporting mechanisms for various stakeholders to understand SEM efforts.
● Prepare and deliver presentations to employees and staff regarding the SEM program.
● Attend energy team meetings on campus, including taking notes, tracking the completion of action items, and the development of agenda items.
● Review the organization’s current purchasing practices, procedures or policies and identify areas to insert energy efficiency requirements.
● Assist with event planning
● Monthly SEM operations and organizational calls with the Energy Coaches and the Energy Team
● Attend half day SEM workshops covering continuous improvement best practices and engagement strategies
● Learn about energy monitoring tracking systems and variables affecting energy in the commercial sector
● Become familiar with statistical regression modeling
● Present accomplishments and findings at the end of the associate position to SEM Team and Energy Coaches
● Network with industry professionals and develop a support base for additional learning and career opportunities
● Work with Building OS and Energy Star Portfolio Manager
● Participate in the final stages of the college’s Climate Action Plan Update
● Interest in working in an energy-related field
● Data entry experience
● Ability to explore new software and tools.
● Familiar with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
● Experience with engaging individuals, communities, and teams
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong attention to detail
● Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in related field
● Ability to work well with others across disciplines and with different viewpoints.
● Comfortable taking initiative and working on projects in a self-directed manner
● Minimum one year commitment
● Paid internship – starting wage $16/hour
● Flexible work schedule 20-30 hours/ week
● Opportunity to gain valuable experience working in the higher education system
● Great professional development opportunity with Energy Trust of Oregon SEM workshops and a close working relationship with professional energy coaches
● Work with a team of fun and dynamic people
● Multidisciplinary energy management approach allows career exploration across a broad spectrum of energy-related fields
● Opportunity to learn new energy-related software programs
● Training and workshops on a variety of topics
● Professional networking for your career
To apply please email your resume, cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com. Position open until filled, for best consideration apply by Friday, December 4th, 2020.