This content was published: September 24, 2020. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Join the PCC EcoPanthers in the 2020 People’s EcoChallenge!
Calling all change makers! Please join the PCC EcoPanthers in the 2020 People’s EcoChallenge!
The 2020 People’s EcoChallenge is a 21-day environmental and social engagement program. From October 7 – October 28, 2020, you select or create actions that align with your individual values and make a 21-day commitment to complete those actions, all the while practicing and reinforcing good habits. For every completed action, you earn points and create impact. Your points contribute to the PCC EcoPanther team’s total points, and your impact contributes to our collective impact.
The People’s Eco Challenge is a great way to make a difference in your community and together with your fellow Panthers! To sign up, please follow this link to join our team or visit peoples.ecochallenge.org/teams/pcc-ecopanthers and register by clicking the “Join This Team” blue button.
New to the People’s EcoChallenge? Check out this tutorial.
We have three awesome prizes to raffle off! See the details below:
- We will hold a raffle with anyone who engages in the EcoChallenge during the first week for some sweet sustainable swag. Engaging includes doing a daily or one-time action or posting to your dashboard.
- People who engage in the second week by doing an action or posting to the dashboard will be entered into the second raffle for swag. Engaging includes doing a daily or one-time action or posting to your dashboard.
- Finally, the grand prize PCC sustainable swag cooler bag (see example photo for reference) goes to the top point earner at the end of the challenge (don’t worry the PCC Sustainability team is not eligible).
In 2019, we ranked 8th out of 12,477 organizations globally! Here are a few highlights:
- We traveled 4,242 miles using a sustainable source of transportation (by bus, bike, foot, or other),
- We kept 4,206 pounds of CO2 out of the atmosphere,
- We kept a total of 1,054 plastic bottles, straws, containers, or disposable cups out of landfills,
- We saved 2,052 gallons of water.
- We spent 7,035 minutes exercising,
- We spent 1,140 less minutes in front of screens,
- and we consumed 294 meatless or vegan meals and 194 whole food meals (both of which significantly reduce the environmental impact of your meal).
We did great last year, but can we do even better this year?!
We look forward to a great EcoChallenge and can’t wait to have you participate!