This content was published: May 12, 2014. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.

Waste Audit

Posted by | 1 comment

Food scraps and garbageInterested in knowing what we throw away here at PCC?

Derek and Heather of the Environmental Center are conducting a waste audit; taking a landfill-bound waste sample from the CC building and publicly sorting through it in the courtyard outside of the Environmental Center. Our goal is to get a snapshot of the things people at PCC are throwing away, and how we could improve it.

If you’re interested in raising awareness of our waste impact, email Derek at derek.fornof@pcc.edu

This will take place in the morning of Wednesday, the 14th of May. 

Poppe with speech bubble

Comments

There is one comment for this article. If you see something that doesn't belong, please click the x and report it.

x by Chris Glad 6 months ago

I just received PCC’s quarterly catalog in the mail and decided to cancel, and was dismayed to find out that I can’t. On the back below the address: “it was printed for about $.21 per copy… we are not able to remove individuals from our distribution route…” If you’re sending 4 of these a year to every household in the metro area, that represents both a huge unnecessary cost and a major waste of resources. I never read them. If/when I take a course, I can find all the info I need online or on campus. There is no reason I can think of to send these out. I’m frankly very surprised that the only way to mitigate this impact you offer is “…it can be recycled”. This is very disappointing.

Add to the discussion

PCC offers this limited open forum as an extension of the respectful, well-reasoned discourse we expect in our classroom discussions. As such, we welcome all viewpoints, but monitor comments to be sure they stick to the topic and contribute to the conversation. We will remove them if they contain or link to abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, off-topic items, or spam. This is the same behavior we require in our hallways and classrooms. Our online spaces are no different.