Risk assessment overview
Coordinate, Assess, Respond, Educate (CARE)
Risk assessment: threat to self or others
What should I look for?
- Writing that exhibits thoughts of harm to self or others
- Sudden change in behavior
- Withdrawal or isolation
- Sleep pattern changes
- Delusional thought patterns
- Feelings of persecution
- Hardened viewpoints
- Fixation on weapons, death, or a particular person
- Ending and/or breaking off significant relationships
- CARE team coordination and consultation
- Connection and referral to outside resources
- Coordination with Public Safety
- Assess interim measures, as needed
- Community welfare check
How do I report?
Questions or consultation?
Contact email@example.com. Are you in crisis and or in need of immediate support? Contact PCC Public Safety at 971-722-4444 (or 4444 from a campus phone).
PCC utilizes the NaBITA Risk Rubric. CARE team members are trained to use this tool.