PCC Nursing Program Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in the Portland Community College Nursing Program. To start the application process, please review the following information. The PCC Nursing Program is now working with an independent organization for online application processing called the Nursing Centralized Application Service (NCAS).
Please make sure to refresh your browser if you visit this page often to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.
- Applications open:
- November 1, 2018
- February 15, 2019 by 9pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) (12 midnight Eastern Standard Time)
This is the deadline for submitting your NCAS application. You will also want to be sure your transcripts have been received by NCAS by this date and time.
It is important that you create, mail and upload appropriate documents for your application sooner rather than later. NCAS takes anywhere from 7-10 business days to post a transcript to an applicant’s account. Please keep this in mind when submitting your transcripts to NCAS. PCC encourages applicants to submit application materials and mail official transcripts as soon as possible to ensure your nursing application review is not delayed. It is important that you understand how to check your application status through NCAS. PCC requires full verification. If you apply and/or send transcripts within two weeks of the application deadline you run the risk of not getting your materials posted by the application deadline. Do not wait until the February 15th deadline to apply and/or send your transcripts.
Students finishing prerequisite courses in fall term 2018 need to wait until grades have posted prior sending official transcripts to NCAS. Please be aware that NCAS does not accept e-transcripts.
- Review the Advising Guide which outlines the program prerequisites, minimum application requirements and point distribution used for selection.
- Submit a PCC Admissions Application (if not already admitted to PCC). This application is free of charge and should take around 5-10 minutes.
- If you are an International Student on an F1 student visa and are interested in applying to the PCC Nursing program you must also be admitted to PCC. Please view additional international admission requirements.
- When selecting your application type, choose credit. This will assign you a 9 digit Student ID number that begins with the letter G.
- You will need to know your PCC Student ID number and will be asked to enter it on your NCAS online application for PCC.
- Submit a mandatory, non-refundable supplemental application fee to PCC of $40. Please be advised that this application fee is in addition to the NCAS application fee and paid directly to PCC.
- You will receive a payment confirmation email. Please save that email as a PDF and upload the payment receipt to your NCAS online application in the documents section under “other” as proof of payment. Failure to pay this supplemental application fee will render your PCC NCAS application ineligible.
- The accepted file formats for uploads are: MSWord (.doc, .docx), JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg), PNG (.png), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Portable Document Format (.pdf), and ASCII Text file (.txt). The size limit for each file upload is 5MB.
- Create, complete and submit your Nursing CAS application (NCAS). You may begin creating your NCAS account as early as August 15, 2018. PCC’s nursing application will not be available until November 1, 2018.
- If you previously applied to a nursing program using NCAS (from 2016 through 2018), please make sure to use the re-applicant button to create your 2019 NCAS application. This will save you time and energy. Please review what you can and cannot use from your previous application.
- Submit your NCAS online application as well as all required transcripts/supporting documents by 9pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) (12 midnight EST) on February 15, 2018.
- The cost to apply online through NCAS is $50 for an undergraduate program application and $35 for any additional undergraduate program application.
- Applicants will need to submit, mail and/or upload all materials for the NCAS online application by the February 15, 2019 by 9pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) (12 midnight Eastern Standard Time) deadline.
Application materials may include, but are not limited to:
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, including PCC. * PCC requires that applicants submit transcripts from all colleges attended. All official college transcripts must be mailed to NCAS at the address listed below:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Applications will not be reviewed or considered without all official transcripts on file through the NCAS system.
- NCAS offers professional transcript entry services for an additional fee. Although the transcript entry step of the application is a timely process, PCC does not encourage applicants to use this service. NCAS is not responsible if you miss important deadlines for you application. Please review the "Turnaround times for applicants who participate in the entry service" section for important details.
- Students with foreign transcripts must have their official transcript evaluation sent to NCAS to complete their PCC application. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for a list of suggested services.
- Healthcare Experience Documentation Form: This PCC form must be uploaded to your NCAS application under the documents section. This form is required to gain points for your healthcare experience. Please make sure to upload the appropriate license and or certification as described below. Healthcare points will only be awarded with the Healthcare Experience Documentation Form AND supporting license and or certification showing dates which align with the post-certification hours applicants are claiming for points.
- Certifications and licenses: State and or National Board license and or certifications only-Must show the date of issue. Diplomas and proof of program completion will not meet this requirement.
- Job descriptions (if applicable).
- Volunteer and Community Service Form: This PCC form is required to gain points for your 20+ volunteer and community service hours.
- Placement test score reports (if using a placement scores for math competency). PCC accepts the following tests: COMPASS, ASSET, ACCUPLACER or ALEKS.
The accepted file formats for uploads are: MSWord (.doc, .docx), JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg), PNG (.png), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Portable Document Format (.pdf), and ASCII Text file (.txt). The size limit for each file upload is 5MB.
For PCC requirement questions, please email the Health Admissions Office at email@example.com.
For questions or issues regarding your Nursing CAS online application, please contact Nursing CAS Support:
- Phone: 617-612-2880, Monday – Thursday 9am-7pm EST, Friday 9am-5pm EST.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for the Tier II Proctored Essay will be posted on the PCC Nursing Program Admission page after the February 15, 2019 admissions deadline.
PCC is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Institution.