Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College

Out-of-State Academic Student Complaint Procedure

This page provides information for students taking online classes at Portland Community College (PCC) who live outside of Oregon.

Students may pursue concerns in one of three ways; locally with the institution; with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student’s state, or with PCC’s regional accrediting agency.

It is recommended that students taking online classes at PCC first pursue their concerns locally. Students can submit a complaint form online or in-person at one of the following Student Development offices.

If after following the College’s Procedure the issue cannot be resolved internally and the student seeks additional resolution, students can refer to the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) student complaint webpage.

Or students may contact the appropriate state agency in their home state by referring to the state and agency contact list.

Portland Community College is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCU).

All students should be aware of the Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.

Concerns involving harassment or discrimination by a college staff member on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status should be directed to the College’s Affirmative Action Officer.