Get to know your instructor
Getting to know your instructor is key to having a successful experience in and out of the classroom. Here are a few simple ways to get to know your instructor:
- Introduce yourself after the first day of class.
- Visit your instructor during their office hours. Be prepared! Go over your notes and write down your questions. Your instructor will appreciate it.
- Respect the instructor’s time. Don’t show up two minutes before the end of office hours and expect the instructor to stay.
- Be professional when talking to an instructor. You can be cordial and friendly, but keep it professional and on an adult level. Be prepared to accept criticism in a professional way, without taking it personally or complaining.
- Participate in class – ask questions, answer questions and be a part of discussions.
- Let your instructor know if you need help – either in or out of the classroom, PCC faculty members can help you find the resources you need.