Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College

F-2 Students

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for F-2 Visa Holders

How do I apply to Portland Community College (PCC) to take classes?

To apply to PCC on a F-2 visa, you will need to complete the General Admissions Application for new students.

I have an F-2 visa, how many credits may I study each term at PCC?

An F-2 spouse or F-2 child may enroll in less than a full course of study (less than 12 credits), at an SEVP-certified school.

Can I take classes for recreation?

An F-2 spouse and child may engage in study that is avocational or recreational in nature, up to and including on a full-time basis.

Can I apply for a job?

An F-2 spouse or F-2 child is not eligible to engage in employment.

What is a full course of study?

Full Course of Study is equal to 12 or more quarter credits each term.

This page is maintained by the OISS SEVIS Coordinator.