Part-time faculty payment instructions
Part-time (PT) faculty enrolled in medical, dental, vision, or optional long-term care insurance will have the employee portion of the premiums deducted from their paychecks. Medical, dental, and vision premium deductions are pre-tax. Long-term care premium deductions are post-tax. Please review the detailed schedule of premium deductions below.
Many PT faculty are not paid every bi-weekly pay period. The following information explains what you need to do to keep your insurance active while in an unpaid status.
- No paycheck for one pay period: A double deduction will happen on your next bi-weekly paycheck. Example: PT faculty often do not work during the 9/4 to 9/17 pay period, so they do not have a paycheck on 9/30/22. Payroll will take a double deduction from the 10/14/22 paycheck to cover premiums for the entire month of October.
- No paycheck for more than one pay period: PCC will bill you for your portion of the premiums, and you must pay in a timely manner or your insurance will be cancelled.
- Not working for one term but expected to return next term: PCC will bill you for your portion of the premiums during this “bridge term,” and you must pay in a timely manner or your insurance will be canceled.
- Not scheduled to work for a second term: Your active employee benefits will end. You will be eligible for COBRA continuation of benefits on a self-pay basis. COBRA information will be mailed to you when your eligibility for PCC insurance ends. If you are enrolled in Unum Long-Term Care insurance through PCC, contact Unum within 31 days to transfer your account to private billing and payment if you want to keep your policy. Call Unum at 1-800-227-4165; group number 148198.
- In addition to COBRA, you and your family may also be eligible for other coverage options through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid, or other group health plan options (such as a spouse’s plan) during a “special enrollment period.” These options may cost less than COBRA. You can learn more about some of these options at healthcare.gov.
If you are going multiple pay periods with no paycheck, PCC will bill you for your portion of the premiums. To submit payment, you may send a check to the address on the invoice, go to any PCC Student Account Services Office and pay in person, or to pay online:
- Log in to MyPCC, click on the Paying for College tab, then select the PCC-Pay link.
- Use the navigation bar in PCC-Pay to view the account balance or make a payment.
- Select your payment type.
- Enter payment information and submit.
Your insurance will be cancelled if you fail to pay your portion of the premiums in a timely manner.
|Pay period||BW payroll number||Payday||Benefits paid for|
|9/4 – 9/17||20||9/30/22||October 2022|
|Fall Term begins 9/26/22|
|If no pay, bridge months October, November, December, and January|
|9/18 – 10/1||21||10/14/22||October 2022|
|10/2 – 10/15||22||10/28/22||November 2022|
|10/16 – 10/29||23||11/10/22||November 2022|
|10/30 – 11/12||24||11/25/22||December 2022|
|11/13 – 11/26||25||12/9/22||December 2022|
|11/27 – 12/10||26||12/23/22||January 2023|
|12/11 – 12/24||1||1/6/23||January 2023|
|Fall Term ends 12/18/22|
|12/25 – 1/7||2||1/20/23||February 2023|
|Winter Term begins 1/9/23|
|If no pay, bridge months January, February, March, and April|
|1/8 – 1/21||3||2/3/23||February 2023|
|1/22 – 2/4||4||2/17/23||March 2023|
|2/5 – 2/18||5||3/3/23||March 2023|
|2/19 – 3/4||6||3/17/23||April 2023|
|3/5 – 3/18||7||3/31/23||April 2023|
|3/19 – 4/1||8||4/14/23||May 2023|
|Winter Term ends 3/26/23 and Spring Term begins 4/3/23|
|If no pay, bridge months April, May, June, and July|
|4/2 – 4/15||9||4/28/23||May 2023|
|4/16 – 4/29||10||5/12/23||June 2023|
|4/30 – 5/13||11||5/26/23||June 2023|
|5/14 – 5/27||12||6/9/23||July 2023|
|5/28 – 6/10||13||6/23/23||July 2023|
|6/11 – 6/24||14||7/7/23||August 2023|
|Spring Term ends 6/18/23 and Summer Term begins 6/26/23|
|If no pay, bridge months July, August, and September|
|6/25 – 7/8||15||7/21/23||August 2023|
|7/9 – 7/22||16||8/4/23||September 2023|
|7/23 – 8/5||17||8/18/23||September 2023|
|8/6 – 8/19||18||9/1/23||none|
|8/20 – 9/2||19||9/15/23||none|
|Summer Term ends 9/10/23|