Email within D2L Brightspace
Messages sent from within D2L now go directly to your MyPCC Gmail account. To send a message:
- Click on Classlist.
- To send email click the box before the student(s) you want to email. If you want to email the entire class, click the Email Classlist button at the top.
- Click the Email icon above the classlist.
- Recipients’ names and addresses will be listed under BCC: to protect the privacy of the individuals.
- Enter a subject, type your message, and then click the Send button at the top.
The following video goes over the use and implementation of this change within the D2L Brightspace system at PCC:
Accessing MyPCC email
Your MyPCC email will be the primary account in which you will communicate with instructors or staff at PCC. This is also where PCC will send important updates related to enrollment, financial aid, and more. You can access your email account by logging in to MyPCC and clicking on the mail icon at the top of the screen, or going to the direct portal: https://google.pcc.edu
For advanced configuration topics, such as use of a mail client and setting up mobile access, log in to PCC’s Google Community (requires PCC account).
Link your D2L and PCC Gmail accounts
You can further simplify access to your PCC Gmail by authorizing the “Access Google Apps” widget in D2L Brightspace. When you authorize the account, it will connect to your PCC Gmail account, show you the number of unread messages, link to your inbox, and allow you to use Google Drive integration. Here’s how:
- Log in to your D2L Brightspace account
- Locate the Access Google Apps widget
- Click the Authorize button.
- You may need to log in with your PCC username & password.
- Review the access notice and click the Allow button.
- You will now see the Google Apps widget.
Organize your PCC Email using Labels
We highly recommend the use of labels and filters to keep your PCC email organized and ensure that you do not miss any important communication. Labels are essentially folders that you can create within your PCC email to separate one message from another, and filters can be utilized to automatically put any incoming messages into these labels for you. Look at the following video for an example on how you can create a label and filter within your PCC email for a course using D2L Brightspace:
Access old email
- Click on the email icon in the top menu bar
- Click on the email link
- In the body of the message, click on the Sent Mail button
- You’ll see all the sent messages and threads you’ve replied to.