Sending a message using D2L Brightspace
Do you want to send a message to your instructor, but aren’t sure what their PCC email address is? On this page we will go over how you can send a message using the Classlist area of your course on D2L Brightspace.
Note: Messages sent through D2L Brightspace are sent to the recipients PCC email address. You will want to view your PCC email for a response. See the section titled, “Accessing your PCC Email” for further information on how to login to your PCC email.
Follow these steps to send a message using the Classlist area within your course:
- Access your course on D2L Brightspace
- Click on Classlist within the course navigation bar
- Locate the person you want to send a message to and click on their name
- If you want to send a message to multiple people then you will want to check the box to the left of each person’s name and then click the Email button at the top of the list of people
- For messages containing multiple people – names and addresses BCC: to protect the privacy of the individuals.
- Edit the subject, type your message, and add any attachments
- Click the Send button near the top-left or bottom-left of the window
Accessing PCC email
Your PCC email will be the primary account in which you will communicate with instructors or staff at PCC. This is also where PCC will send important updates related to enrollment, financial aid, and more. There are a couple ways to access your PCC email, including:
- Login to MyPCC and click the Envelope icon near the upper-right hand corner of your account
- Use the direct address to your PCC email: https://google.pcc.edu
Note: If you have a personal Google account that is signed in then you may need to log out of that account prior to accessing your PCC email. Alternatively, you can use a Private or Incognito browsing session (click the link to your browser for steps on how to access that option):
For advanced configuration topics, such as use of a mail client and setting up mobile access, log in to PCC’s Google Community (requires PCC account).
Link your D2L Brightspace and PCC Gmail accounts
You can further simplify access to your PCC Gmail by authorizing the “Access Google Apps” widget in D2L Brightspace. When you authorize the account, it will connect to your PCC Gmail account, show you the number of unread messages, link to your inbox, and allow you to use Google Drive integration.
Organize your PCC email using labels
We highly recommend the use of labels and filters to keep your PCC email organized and ensure that you do not miss any important communication. Labels are essentially folders that you can create within your PCC email to separate one message from another, and filters can be utilized to automatically put any incoming messages into these labels for you. Look at the following video for an example on how you can create a label and filter within your PCC email for a course using D2L Brightspace: