Are you getting close to finishing your program? Awesome, wonderful, exciting news! Congratulations. Here are the final steps to take:
Steps to graduation
Check requirements in GRAD Plan
GRAD Plan tells you how close you are to graduating. Access GRAD Plan on the MyPCC Home tab. Click check progress in the My degree and major channel.
Check that these details are correct:
- You are taking classes that fill all unmet requirements
- Your degree and major are listed correctly
- Your catalog year is correct
- You can see credits transferred from other schools
Watch for an email
Halfway through your final term, you’ll get an email from email@example.com that confirms you are graduating. (If you’re in your last term and don’t get an email about graduating, contact Student Records right away.)
To get a printed diploma, you must order one.
Order your diploma
Order your diploma before your awarding term ends. Diplomas are processed 9-10 weeks after grades have been posted, and degrees have been awarded. However, extra time may be needed. The diploma is a physical, ceremonial representation of the degrees/certificates listed on your transcript.
After you complete all required classes, your degree or certificate will be posted to your transcript. This happens a few weeks after the term ends. You’ll get an email when your transcript is updated.
Walk at Commencement
Get dressed up in a cap and gown and celebrate your accomplishments. Commencement is optional but recommended!
Graduation and commencement definitions What is… Definition Graduation When you finish your program. A certificate or degree is posted to your transcript. Commencement A ceremony to celebrate your accomplishments. You must RSVP.
Fun fact: you don’t get your diploma at commencement. The diploma cover you get on stage contains a placeholder. Get an actual diploma mailed by following step 3 on this page!
After you graduate
As a PCC graduate, here are some things you should know:
- Order transcripts: your award will show on your official transcript
- Get job and career help: career support for alumni
- Stay connected: join the Alumni Association
- Have loans? Lenders are notified that you graduated: see repayment basics
- Order a past term diploma by contacting Student Records.