Education Abroad Policies
Cancellation and Withdrawal Policy
- The program deposit is non-refundable and non-transferrable, unless the program is cancelled.
- Once you have confirmed your place on a program, expenses and commitments for future expenses will be made on your behalf, and the $500 deposit goes towards those costs. The deposit will not be refunded even if you drop or withdraw.
- Once the program begins, no refunds will be considered for students.
- PCC is not responsible for any losses incurred by students who become ineligible to attend the program, or who are dismissed once the program has begun.
- Students may officially withdraw from a program by providing written notification with an explanation of their withdrawal to the Education Abroad Office. Students are not considered withdrawn from a program until written notification is received.
- Withdrawing from a program does not, however, absolve a student of their responsibility of covering program costs, as determined by each program refund policy.
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify the PCC Education Abroad Office directly if they withdraw from the program.
Financial Obligation Timeline
|October 15||Application Opens||None|
|February 15||Application Deadline||None|
|February 22||Deposit Payment Deadline||Deposit is non-refundable.|
|May/June||Tuition for the course and Program Fee added to the students’ accounts at the time of course registration||Program Fee is non-refundable, as determined by each program refund policy. Standard PCC summer term payment timeline and deadlines apply. Drop deadlines vary depending on the length of your class. To see your drop deadline for your class, log in to MyPCC and click “see your drop and withdraw deadlines.” Visit this webpage for more information.|
|June 8||Tuition for the course and Program Fee Payment Deadline||Program Fee is non-refundable, as determined by each program refund policy. Standard PCC summer term payment timeline and deadlines apply.|
Requirements and Timelines
Application Requirements for PCC Programs
- 18 years of age or older by program start date.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Prerequisites for the course(s) included in the program to which you are applying.
- Attend an Education Abroad First Steps Information Session.
- Independence, self-reliance, and maturity necessary to obtain the benefits of studying abroad.
- Willingness and ability to embrace the challenges of studying abroad.
Financial Timeline for PCC Faculty-Led Programs
- February 22, 2020: Program deposit deadline ($500 non-refundable deposit made on your student account that confirms your participation in the program. You can make this deposit any time from when you are accepted to the program until the deadline. The deposit will be refunded if for some reason the program does not go.)
- Registration: Registration for the course will occur at normal registration time. Instructions to register for a closed CRN will be sent to you. Once you register for the course associated with the program, the tuition for the course will be added to your student account.
- June for summer programs (typical summer payment deadline): Remainder of program fee and tuition added to student account (program fee amount depends on specific program). At this point, any withdrawal from the program is considered a late withdrawal and you will be responsible for paying the program fee, less any monies that can be recuperated from the program provider.
Cancellation + Withdrawal Policy
- The program deposit is non-refundable, unless the program is cancelled.
- Read the full Cancellation and Withdrawal Policy here.
Registration & Payment Procedures
Click here to learn how to register and pay for your study abroad course.