Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College

Step 3: Register

Registration is required in order to earn credits for taking a PCC Dual Credit class at your high school. Before you can register you need to know the five-digit course reference number (CRN) for that class. CRNs are sent to the High School Dual Credit Faculty prior to registration opening. 

Registration Policies

When you start your online registration process, make sure to carefully check all your information in MyPCC. Verify that the information you are about to enter is the same as what was provided by your high school instructor. You are the one responsible for the accuracy of registering for your classes. You risk being responsible for tuition and fees if you register for the wrong course.

Grading Policies

There are classes that have a default grading mode of Pass/ No Pass. For select classes, the student has the ability to change the grading mode from a pass/ no pass to a letter grade. Instructions on how to change the grading mode are available on the grading policy website.

Changes to the grading mode must be made by the deadline for each term. Deadlines can be found on the Dual Credit Academic Calendar.

Current Dual Credit articulations that have a default grading mode of Pass/ No Pass are listed below. These courses cannot be changed to a grading mode of a letter grade. With these courses, the student has the only option to earn a Pass/ No Pass.

  • ENGR 100 – Exploring Engineering

You are expected to attend all classes in which you are enrolled. If you do not attend (or stop attending) classes, and fail to drop the course in your MyPCC within the stated time period (refer to the PCC Dual Credit Academic Calendar), you will be responsible for the grade reported on your PCC transcript.

If you have excessive absences and fail to drop or withdraw from a class by the deadlines, a grade of F may be assigned by your instructor.

Step by Step Instructions

Step 3 pdf instructions, or Step 3 ppt instructions.

For this step, you will need your MyPCC login information, the Dual Credit CRN(s) that you want to register for, and the applicable PCC term.

  1. Log in to the MyPCC portal at my.pcc.edu using your MyPCC username and password.
  2. Once you are logged in, click on the “My Courses” tab at the top of the page.
  3. In the Get Started column, click on “Register for Classes”.
  4. Click on “Add or Drop Classes”.
  5. In the Registration Term screen, select the appropriate Term (refer to the CRN you are registering for provided by your teacher or at Participating High Schools.) CRN stands for Course Reference Number and is a unique 5-digit number assigned to each PCC course that you will use to register.
    • Registration is available only during the specified registration window for that term. Please see the Academic Calendar on for registration window dates, by term.
  6. In the Add or Drop Classes screen, enter the Dual Credit CRN(s) you wish to register for. It is very important that you enter the correct CRN. Be sure to DOUBLE CHECK that you’ve entered the correct CRN for your high school articulated course(s). You are responsible for tuition and fees if you register for the WRONG course.
  7. Be sure to click on the “Submit Changes” to complete your registration.
  8. In the upper left-hand corner, click on the hyperlink Back to “My Courses” tab.
  9. Verify that the correct course with your high school instructor is listed under Courses I’m Attending. If you do not see your PCC course listed here it means that you are not registered in the course. If you do not see your high school instructor’s name, it means you have registered for the wrong course. Complete the registration process again.

Need help?

Contact the PCC Dual Credit office at 971-722-7737 or dualcredit@pcc.edu for assistance.