Accessibility and Support for Remote Participation
As our college re-energizes our campuses – Accessible Ed & Disability Resources is providing guidance to support students, staff, and faculty who have access needs that are best met via remote participation.
Specific Guidance – access tips for all types of remote meetings
The kinds of options that can increase access for remotely delivered instruction can also be important for other types of remote meetings – such as those between students and advisors, or in online programming facilitated through resource centers.
Remote ASL Interpreting and Transcribing Services
- Remote communication access depends on quality audio.
- We have Interpreters, TypeWell transcribers, and CART providers who can be connected to meetings to provide communication access services.
- Communication Access – tips for different meeting types
Notes During Meetings
- Having shared agendas and presentations available in advance is great, but robust notes can be really helpful as well. We can offer several options and suggestions to help ensure there are good notes available for all participants.
- See our recommendations for notetaking approaches for remote meetings
Captions for recorded videos
Automatically generated captions are not sufficient for providing access to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing, but they can typically be reviewed and corrected.
Check out these related resources
Attendance and Participation
College leadership is requesting that we all operate from a place of understanding, and extend grace, relaxing some of our typical policies in light of the need to respond appropriately to the ongoing public health concerns around COVID.
Accessible Ed & Disability Resources has agreement forms that have been used for students with approved eligibility for some flexibility to be extended in the context of unexpected flare-ups for chronic health conditions – and these agreements can be used as needed, but we also hope, that to the degree possible, flexibility is being afforded to all students. Our quick reference guide includes a section on liaison services.
Accessibility Consultations and Technical Support
We are happy to connect and collaborate. Our main technical assistance is designed to be easy to remember. Please check out our website for self-serve information and contact information and feel free to call our office lines, or our tech group. The tech group number is 971-PCC-TECH (971-722-8324) and email is email@example.com.