This content was published: September 11, 2019. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Do you have Work Study? Passion Impact is hiring for 2019-2020!
Posted by hannah.cherry
Passion Impact is hiring Advocates for Community Engagement (ACE)!
Are you passionate about volunteering in your community? Do you enjoy being a leader and a mentor to your peers? You may be our next ACE!
Passion Impact, PCC’s Community-Based Learning Program, and the Community Service Work Study Program are seeking PCC students who have a strong desire to serve the community and share that desire with fellow students. If you are ready to help other students make an impact in their community, apply to become an ACE today!
ACE INFO SESSION | Friday, November 8th
Learn more about the position and Passion Impact from current ACEs!
Join us at PCC Southeast between 11:30am-1pm
More details: https://givepul.se/ur2oo6
Work Schedule: Students will have flexibility to choose what days work best, but they must:
- Work a minimum of 8 hours every week
- Schedule Office Hours between 10am-3pm, Tuesday – Friday
- Attend Weekly Meeting: 10am-11am Friday
Hours per Week: 8
Work Site Location: This position requires you to travel to various work-site locations. These will include:
- Primary Office Hours: Passion Impact Office Site (5106 Southeast Powell Blvd., Portland, OR. 97206)
- Outreach Hours: Portland Community College Campuses (Sylvania, Southeast, Cascade, and Rock Creek)
- Community Engagement Hours: In the community with Community Organization (e.g., If you’re participating in a volunteer event with The ReBuilding Center, you would be on-site at their location)
The responsibilities of this work study position:
- Serve as a representative of Passion Impact, PCC Community-Based Learning, and PCC Federal Work Study
- Explore opportunities for community engagement:
- Find community organizations with volunteer opportunities open to students
- Explore the volunteer experience, reflect on whether the opportunity could be valuable for PCC students.
- Find out what students are interested in and assist in identifying volunteer opportunities for them
- Outreach to PCC students and staff by sharing information about Community Engagement through:
- Online volunteer platforms (GivePulse)
- In Person interactions
- Tabling on and off-campus (volunteer fairs, community events, weekly tabling schedule)
- Speaking directly to classes and student organizations (class and club raps)
- Canvassing on PCC Campuses
- Following up with students who have expressed an interest in volunteering (i.e., calling, texting, and emailing)
- Posting blogs, photos, or videos that incorporate your volunteer experiences
- Engage in the community with other students:
- Participate in volunteer events that you have identified for yourself or other students
- Assist with program-oriented projects including, but not limited to:
- Passion Impact events and activities
- Community-Based Learning events and activities
- Awarded Federal Work Study by Financial Aid
- Minimum of 6 credit course load at Portland Community College
- Ability to attend weekly staff meetings
- Ability and time to travel between work sites
- Commitment to work Winter and Spring terms
- Desire to serve the community
- Concise verbal and written communication
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Tech savvy
- Have completed OR be currently enrolled in a Community-Based Learning course
- Event planning
- Outreach and recruitment experience
- Public speaking experience
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Slack Team Messaging App
Please be prepared to provide brief answers to the following application questions:
- At Passion Impact we believe that students who volunteer their passions grow into well rounded and engaged community members. What is one of your passions and how do you pursue it?
- What does community engagement mean to you?
- What volunteer opportunities would you be excited to share with other students?