This content was published: August 29, 2019. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Community Connector | Fall 2019
Posted by hannah.cherry
The Community Connector is a group for community members and partners who are seeking new and innovative ways to meet student and community needs. Through Community-Based Learning, PCC students provide valuable service to community partners who, in turn, support students’ educational endeavors.
GivePulse is our community engagement platform! Any public agency, community organization, or group can use it to share/promote opportunities, events, and internships with PCC students, faculty, and staff.
Before Fall term begins, make sure your organization has the following:
- A group in GivePulse with basic info (General details about agency and volunteer needs, Volunteer/outreach coordinator contact info, and links to website and/or social media)
- Your GivePulse group is affiliated with PCC (Affiliating will allow your events to be shared with our PCC GivePulse group)
GivePulse Partner On boarding with PCC & PSU
New to GivePulse? Learn how to utilize GivePulse to connect with PCC and PSU!
Friday, September 6, 2019 (Friday)
3pm-5pm @ PCC Cascade
- Understand what GivePulse is and why we’re using it
- Create a “bulletin board” level account and understand how to maintain it
- Affiliate with PCC & PSU
- Create an “event” in Give Pulse (one time or ongoing)
- Understand further levels of engagement with the system
- Understand where to seek support
After the workshop all are welcome to join us at NOVAA’s Happy Hour for Volunteer Leaders at McMenamins Chapel Pub!
Register for our Fall 2019 Neighbor to Neighbor Fairs
Neighbor to Neighbor is a community resource and engagement fair for the PCC community. These fairs are a great opportunity for faculty, students and community partners to connect face to face!
Information for Cascade
September 25, 2019 (Wednesday)
Information for Sylvania
October 1, 2019 (Tuesday)
Need assistance? Contact our staff
Schedule a time for the program coordinator to do a site visit at your office location and introduce you our program. Using the link below, suggest two or three windows of time that work best for you.