This content was published: November 26, 2018. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Call for Proposals: Towards Pedagogies of Critical CBL Symposium
Posted by hannah.cherry
Call for Proposals:
Towards Pedagogies of Critical Community Based Learning Symposium
This symposium is different than others you may have attended. It is designed to be participatory, inclusive, interactive, and critical. Throughout the planning process and the event itself, we strive to embody critical community-based learning principles.
Now in it’s 3rd year, the 2019 CCBL Symposium will have a specific focus on place-based critical pedagogies, using case-studies from our own Portland community. It is proudly hosted as a collaboration between Portland State University, Portland Community College, and Campus Compact of Oregon.
***save the date the symposium is April 19, 2019***
How to submit a proposal:
- Please review the Call for Proposals page on the Symposium website.
- We are offering a webinar on December 7 at 2:00 that we highly encourage you to participate in – this will help you frame your proposal in line with the symposium’s vision, values, and objectives. Join on the day of.
- We highly recommend that you check out some of the recommended readings prior to submitting a proposal – you can read the full text or just look at our shorter reviews.
Speaker & Session Timeline:
- Call for proposals: November 2018
- Framing Your Proposal Webinar: 2:00pm on Dec. 7, 2018 Join today.
- Deadline for submission: January 14, 2019
- Required consultation: January 2019-February 2019
- Selected Sessions & Speakers Notified: March 4-8, 2019
- Symposium: April 19, 2019
Contact and further information:
Please reach out to CBL@pdx.edu with any questions or concerns!