This content was published: May 14, 2018. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
All Classical Portland: Applications NOW OPEN! Free Arts Journalism Mentorship
Posted by Madison Omohundro
Applications for the All Classical Portland’s Youth Roving Reporters program are now open!
Youth Roving Reporters is a free arts journalism mentorship that is open to Oregon and SW Washington youth, ages 15-21. Through this innovative and educational program, All Classical Portland on-air hosts mentor selected Youth Roving Reporters, providing them with guidance and insight on what it is to be a broadcaster and arts leader in their community.
Description of Opportunity
Youth Roving Reporters will:
- Get free tickets to an arts event
- Interview the artists/musicians
- Learn how to edit the interview
- Develop creative writing skills
- Have their segments broadcast on-air
- 9 months (September 2018 – May 2019)
- May 14th, 2018 – June 22nd, 2018.
How to Submit an Application:
- Visit allclassical.org/youth-roving-reporters/
- Fill out the form provided on All Classical Portland’s website
- Email an mp3 file recording of your answer to the following question:
- If you were stranded on an island and you could only take one song, what would it be any why?
- The recording should be kept to 2-3 minutes in length.
- First and last name should be clearly stated.
- Email your recording to email@example.com as an mp3 file. if you aren’t able to email an mp3 file, call (503) 802-9454 and leave a voicemail that includes your full name and your answer to the question listed above.
Arianna Avena, Donor Engagement Coordinator & JOY Program Director
firstname.lastname@example.org| (503) 802-9454
About the Organization
Youth Roving Reporters is All Classical Portland’s arts journalism mentorship program. Through this innovative, educational program All Classical Portland on-air hosts mentor selected Youth Roving Reporters, providing them with guidance and insight on what it is to be a broadcaster and arts leader in their community. the goal is to award this scholarship youth fro regions across the entire state providing equal opportunity to youth in rural areas or Oregon and SW Washington as well as the Portland metro area.
About the Volunteer Opportunities Newsletter
The Volunteer Opportunities Newsletter allows students, faculty, and staff at PCC a more comprehensive look at volunteer needs and opportunities from our community partners. Our hope is that the newsletter will allow subscribers to stay better informed about community service opportunities in the tri-county areas of Portland, Oregon, as well as non-profit internships and scholarships available locally and nationally.
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The newsletter is a compilation of recent community announcements posted on the CBL Newsfeed and it is emailed to subscribers twice a month.