This content was published: May 7, 2018. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Portland Animal Welfare Team: Seeking a Summer Intern!
Posted by Madison Omohundro
PAW Team is seeking an enthusiastic, responsible and caring intern to help our non-profit!
In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily procedures. You will learn about our organization’s policies and operations and you can expect to gain valuable insight into how a small non-profit in animal welfare works. In addition to administrative duties, we are seeking an intern to interact respectfully and helpfully with our clients and their pets seeking our services. If you are passionate about working with those experiencing homelessness and their pets, this is the perfect position for you!
Scheduling can be somewhat flexible, but candidate must be available from 10:00am to 3:00pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Helping in our pet supply room
- Accepting and organizing donations
- Checking clients in for pets’ veterinary appointments
- Assisting with our veterinary clinic
- Calling clients to remind them of their appointments
- Retrieving and accurately documenting voicemails into a spreadsheet
- Helping with set up for veterinary clinics
- Pulling and re-filing paper files
- Assisting in keeping space neat, orderly and clean
- Sanitizing surfaces and instruments after clinics
- Sweeping and mopping
- Various data entry input as needed
- Various cleaning projects as needed
If you are interested in this position, please email a current resume and cover letter to Kara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kara Klepinger, Client & Volunteer Coordinator
email@example.com | (503) 206-6033
About the Organization
We are a small non-profit organization that provides free veterinary services to the pets of those experiencing homelessness or extreme poverty. We hold weekly veterinary clinics and quarterly weekend clinics. More information at www.pawteam.org.
About the Volunteer Opportunities Newsletter
The Volunteer Opportunities Newsletter allows students, faculty, and staff at PCC a more comprehensive look at volunteer needs and opportunities from our community partners. Our hope is that the newsletter will allow subscribers to stay better informed about community service opportunities in the tri-county areas of Portland, Oregon, as well as non-profit internships and scholarships available locally and nationally.
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The newsletter is a compilation of recent community announcements posted on the CBL Newsfeed and it is emailed to subscribers twice a month.