This content was published: April 19, 2018. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
CBL Showcase Call for Poster Presentations
Posted by hannah.cherry
The Community-Based Learning Program invites those engaged in Community-Based Learning to showcase their work and experiences at our Annual Celebration and Awards Reception!
COMMUNITY-BASED LEARNING ANNUAL CELEBRATION AND AWARDS RECEPTION
Friday, June 8th | 6:00PM-8:30PM
Mercy Corps Action Center
Faculty are encouraged to share this exciting opportunity with students in their courses that include a CBL component. Faculty may also submit a proposal on behalf of their class/students.
- Presentations will focus on the experience and/or outcomes related to a course’s Community-Based Learning component.
- Presenters are encouraged to share: course work/projects/assignments, experiences with their community, and/or personal reflections.
- Other formats may be accepted on a case by case basis
- Student presenters will be awarded a $20 gift card for their participation
- Submit using this Google form
- All proposals must be submitted no later than Friday, May 18, 2018
- Selected presenters will be notified no later than Friday, May 25, 2018
For more information, please contact Hannah Cherry at firstname.lastname@example.org
thumbs up Experience Community-Based Learning at PCC
Courses with community-based learning (CBL) provide students with the opportunity to: explore local, national, and/or global issues; broaden their perspectives and enhance critical thinking skills; and become active citizens through community engagement. There are numerous courses that have CBL projects every term!