This content was published: October 30, 2017. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
PCC Extra Life Gaming Marathon: Play games to save lives! (Saturday, Nov 4th)
Posted by hannah.cherry
Want to Play in the PCC Computer Gaming Marathon?
When & Where: Sat. Nov. 4th, 8am – 8pm TCB Building (Sylvania Campus)
Extra Life is an international gaming day that takes place each year in the fall to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network. Last year, PCC gamers raised over $1,200 for OSHU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. PCC students will be joining in this year on Saturday, Nov. 4 by playing computer games from 8 am – 8 pm on the Sylvania campus in the TCB Building on the 2 nd Floor. Participants raise money for OSHU Doernbecher’s through pledges. Anyone can sponsor a gamer with a set amount.
Play computer games with STEAM, or try some “old-fashioned” computer classics like Pong & Centipede programmed by PCC CS students. We’ll also have a variety of board games available to play low-tech!
How can you help? If you’re a gamer, come play for part or all of the day! Have some children who would love to play? We’ll have a special place for them as well.
Play for the whole day or part of the day…
Steps to Sign-Up:
- Go to http://www.extra-life.org
- Click Sign Up in the upper-right hand corner
- Click Join a Team
- Select the PCC Sylvania Team
- Select OR – Doernbechers Children’s Hospital
- Complete rest of player registration
- Send an email to Diane Shingledecker (firstname.lastname@example.org) letting her know that you registered to play
Want to Sponsor a Player for the PCC Computer Gaming Marathon?
Sponsor the PCC Team or an Individual Player! Steps to Donate:
- Go to www.extra-life.org
- Enter “PCC Sylvania” in the Search box
- Select an individual gamer & click the DONATE NOW button!
Thank You for supporting a PCC gamer and Doernbecher’s Hospital!