Third party billing
Billing arrangements for tuition and fees must be set up as third-party arrangements with Student Account Services.
Sponsors (for agencies only, not individuals)
A bookstore authorization to charge form must be sent to the bookstore each term. This form should be as specific as possible as to the charges that your company will pay.
Setting up third-party billing at the bookstore
General information for third-party sponsors
- A bookstore authorization form must be filled out every term.
- Send authorizations to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 971-722-4371. We do not accept authorizations hand-carried by students into the store.
- This form should be as specific as possible as to the charges that your company will pay. For example, if you are authorizing $400 for books and $50 for supplies, but would prefer that the student not purchase computer items, please note this on the authorization form.
- Notify us at email@example.com should any of the contact information on your authorization form need to be updated.
- All standard accounts are invoiced monthly and are subject to a 3% fee billed per student, per invoice. Special requests (one student per page, etc.) can be accommodated, but the fee is $10 per invoice per student.
- We provide a detailed report of student purchases with each invoice.
- If you require your student’s signature to verify their purchases, please work with them directly as the reports do not have signatures and we are unable to generate receipt copies.
- We do not monitor student accounts for enrollment. Your organization will be invoiced monthly up to the amount authorized as the student makes purchases, regardless of their enrollment. Work directly with the students you sponsor to ensure they are taking the authorized classes.
- Unauthorized purchases are ultimately the student’s responsibility. If for any reason your organization fails to pay for an item the student charges to their account, we will place that student on hold (which means they will not be able to register for classes or receive transcripts) and we will invoice them directly for the purchase(s). Make sure that your students understand what your organization will pay for before they are sent in to charge.
- We request one business day to process authorization forms. However, due to increased volume at the start of the term, it may take an additional day to process forms during that time.
- Payments should be made, referencing the invoice number, to the address on the invoice (PCC Bookstore, 12000 SW 49th Ave, Attn 3PB Accounts Receivable, Portland, OR 97219).
- Please do not combine tuition and bookstore payments, and please do not send payment to the college accounts receivable address.
- Invoices are payable upon receipt.
You can also download this information: setting up third-party billing at the bookstore.
Allow 24-48 hours after your sponsor has confirmed they sent their authorizations to the bookstore to ensure that your account is ready for making purchases.
Making third-party purchases at the bookstore
- You must have a valid picture ID to make your third-party purchase at a PCC bookstore.
- Your sponsor should send a completed authorization for your purchases to the bookstore directly, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 971-722-4371. We are not able to accept authorizations that are hand-carried to the store.
- A separate billing authorization must be submitted to the Business Office for your tuition, fees, and parking permit.
- It is best if your sponsor sends your authorization to us early – in most cases, you can purchase your books and supplies before the term starts.
- It normally takes one business day from the time we receive the authorization to post the funds to your bookstore account. However, due to increased volume at the start of the term, it may take an additional day to process forms during that time.
- You are ultimately responsible for the purchases that you make at the bookstore. If for any reason your sponsor does not pay, you will be placed on hold (which means you will not be able to register for classes or receive transcripts) and billed for the item(s) that were not paid.
- Contact your sponsor directly with questions about what items you are allowed to purchase. The bookstore posts amounts to your account based on the authorization submitted by your sponsor. We are not able to allow purchases of items such as electronics, calculators, backpacks, or computers that are not specifically authorized.
You can also download this information: making third-party purchases at the bookstore.
Scholarship charges timeline
|Term||Last day for scholarship charges||All accounts close|
|Fall 2023||October 20||November 9|
|Winter 2024||February 2||February 16|
|Spring 2024||April 26||May 17|
|Summer 2024||July 19||August 9|