Contact information for the different campus advising sites is listed below.
Make the most of your time at PCC
PCC advisors are here to help you maximize your college experience, whether you're a new student, returning student, or are currently enrolled.
Why should I see an advisor?
PCC wants you to succeed, whether you're here to take one class or complete a degree program. If you're just getting started and aren't sure what you want to do, it's even more important to see an advisor. In general, it's good to see an advisor once per term. Advisors can help with:
- Selecting courses that match your interests and skills
- Choosing a degree program at PCC or another college or university
- Making a long-term academic plan in order to meet your goals
- Interpretation of test scores and transcripts from other colleges
- Short- and long-term academic planning
- Transfer requirements, registration procedures, and class scheduling
- Petitioning for graduation
- Academic concerns and special needs
- Referrals to other college and community resources
- Obtaining your High School Diploma
Advisors can also answer questions about college policies, teacher expectations, and extra-curricular activities. Students who need information about college and community resources that may make it easier to attend PCC will find an advisor a valuable resource.
When should I see an advisor?
If you're a new student, see an advisor as soon as you have completed the enrollment process (admissions, testing, orientation). Here is a checklist for new students.
If you have previous college experience, bring your transcripts and course descriptions before registering for your first term. If you are currently enrolled, meet regularly with an advisor to make sure you're meeting your educational goals.
To make your advising session as productive as possible, you should:
- Complete the admissions process, including application, testing and orientation.
- Become familiar with your degree requirements by viewing the PCC catalog.
- Spend time working out a sample schedule for the upcoming term.
- If you're planning to transfer, research different colleges and universities.
- If you're planning on completing one of PCC's programs, be sure to contact that department and meet with the program's advisor.
- Make a list of your questions.
- Bring any transcripts and course descriptions you have from other colleges or universities, including Foreign Transcripts.
What is the difference between an Academic Advisor and a Counselor?
- Advisors help students throughout their time at PCC. They assist with academic planning, transfer advising, degree requirements, and academic problem solving.
- Counselors help students with academic, personal, and career counseling, as well as learning difficulties, and crisis intervention. Counselors can assist you with study skills, test anxiety, career and life planning, stress management and locating community resources. This may vary by campus, please contact Counseling for more information.
What are the drop/withdraw deadlines for this term?
I misplaced the sheet that the advisor gave me, what should I do?
- If you misplaced the term by term planner, you should go back to your advisor and ask them to re-do your planner.
- If you misplaced an associate degree sheet or a transfer guide, you can find them on the University Transfer website.
What is GRAD Plan?
- Track your degree requirements.
- Develop an academic plan.
- Consider "What if" scenarios.
- Learn more about GRAD plan!
Office Locations and Hours
For campus maps and information, see Class Locations.
Click below to get the location and hours of your advising office.
SSB 150 | 971-722-5271
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30am to 6pm (see arrival directions below)
- Friday: 8:30am to 4pm (see arrival directions below)
During the quieter, non-registration periods, Cascade’s full-time advisors offer appointment advising to students who have complex issues that require more time, such as appeals, academic learning contracts, long-term course plans, and transfer advising. During the registration phase, all sessions are drop-in and focus on short-term needs.
- Arrive 30 minutes before closing between the 2nd and 6th week of the academic term.
- Arrive at least 60 to 90 minutes before closing week 7 through week 1. (During registration periods, it is recommended that you check the Academic Advising Office reception desk at telephone message 971-722-5271 for information about estimated wait times.)
775 SE Baseline Street, Hillsboro, OR 97123 | 971-722-6800
Rock Creek Campus
Bldg. 9, Room 102 | 971-722-7297
We aim to provide the best service: advising appointments are preferred. You have a dedicated time slot with little or no wait time. Walk-in sessions are very limited! Wait times vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Make the best use of your time and schedule an appointment today. Financial Aid Time Frame Extension Appeals, Trade Act plans, and military plans require an appointment.
The best time to schedule an appointment is between the 2nd and 5th week of the academic term, no later than three weeks before registration begins for the following term. Appointments fill quickly and may not be available during busy times of the term (except for those services that require appointments).
To make an appointment, call 971-722-7297 or come to Bldg. 9, Room 102
Walk in arrival instructions:
Please note that walk-in advising sessions will only last ten minutes.
- Arrive 30 minutes before closing between the 2nd and 7th week of the academic term.
- Arrive 60 to 90 minutes before closing during registration periods, which usually last from the 8th week of the term to the 2nd week of the following term.
During registration periods, it is recommended that you call the Advising Office at 971-722-7297 for information about estimated wait times.
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30am to 6pm
- Friday: 10am to 4pm
*Advising will be closed Friday, April 18 after 11 a.m. for staff training. We will be open for walk-in sessions between 8:30-11 a.m.
SCOMM 116 | 971-722-6240
Please walk in during following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30am-5:30pm
- Friday: 8:30am-3:30pm
Walk-in Advising appointments may fill up quickly during registration periods. Please arrive at least one hour before closing.
CC 216 | 971-722-4531
Academic Advising available by appointment. Please call 971-722-4531 to schedule.
- Monday through Thursday: 8am to 6pm
- Friday: 8am to 4pm