Why Should You Talk to an Academic Advisor?
Our mission is to support students' intellectual growth, empower students to clarify and attain their diverse academic, personal and professional goals, foster student retention, and promote student success.
We can help with
Before your appointment
- Complete the admissions process.
- Bring any transcripts and course descriptions you have from other colleges or universities.
- Planning to transfer from PCC? Research different colleges and universities.
- Explore PCC's academic programs.
- Review your GRAD Plan online or create a sample schedule for the upcoming term.
- Review the advising syllabus.
- Make a list of your questions!
Academic Advising Centers
Visit any of these locations for general academic advising. You need to see another advisor if you are an international student or are already enrolled in a Career/Technical program, so check with your program first.
- 1st Floor Student Services Building, 815 N Killingsworth St. Portland, OR 97217
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30am to 6pm, Friday: 8:30am - 4pm. (No full-time advisor available on Wednesdays from 9am - 11am.)
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before closing. During registration period (week 8 through the start of term), plan for longer waits (30 minutes to 2+ hours). We recommend calling ahead for estimated wait time.
- Appointments available beginning week 2 through the end of the term. Call at least two weeks in advance of when you wish to be seen. Appointments are required for: Financial Aid Time-Frame Extensions and Appeals, Academic Standing issues, (Academic Probation Learning Contracts, Mid-term reports, Suspension re-entry Learning Contracts), Veterans Hold, and long-range academic planning.
- 775 SE Baseline Street, Hillsboro, OR 97123
- By appointment only.
- 135 Werth Blvd., Newberg, OR 97132
- By appointment only.
- Bldg. 9, Room 102, 17705 NW Springville Rd. Portland, OR 97229
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30am to 6pm, Friday: 9am to 4pm
- Drop-in advising sessions will only last ten minutes. Arrive at least one hour before closing.
- Advising appointments available October 1 through October 30. Call to schedule. Time Frame Extension appeals, Trade Act, military and other long-term plans require an appointment.
- SCOMM 116, 2305 SE 82nd and Division, Portland, OR 97216
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30am-5:30pm, Friday: 8:30am-3:30pm
- Arrive at least one hour before closing.
- No appointments available until the second week of Fall term. Drop-in visits only.
- CC 216, 12000 SW 49th Ave. Portland, OR 97219
- Monday – Thursday: 8am to 6pm, Friday: 8am to 4pm.
- Appointment only:
- Please call to schedule. We will return to drop-in advising in mid-November.