The MRI Technologist Training program teaches you the art and science of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, which utilizes very strong magnetic fields and radio frequencies for imaging the tissues of the body. We offer comprehensive training which includes clinical training hours at hospitals and clinics in the surrounding area.
Upon completion of PCC’s MRI Technologist Training Program, you will possess the skills and training required to meet national standards, making you eligible to sit for the ARRT MRI certification exam.
In this program you can earn the following:
- MRI Technologist Training Certificate
Applicants must be a Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), Ultrasound Technologist, Nuclear Medicine Technologist or Radiation Therapy Technologist by program start. Radiography students who are recent graduates may apply – but must be registered before the beginning of the MRI Program.
See the catalog for information regarding the program requirements.
- Complete the steps for new students
- The admissions form will ask you what you plan to study. Since this is a restricted entry program, you should choose Associate of General Studies for now. You can change your major once you've applied and been accepted into the program.
- Plan how you'll pay for college
- Apply for admission to the MRI Technologist Training program