The library media assistant works in all aspects of library and media center operations. PCC's Library Media Assistant program concentrates on:
- Basic library skills, such as technical services processes, access services procedures, reference service interactions, and literature promotion.
- Effective communication and customer service skills for interacting with library patrons.
- Using, maintaining, and troubleshooting library technologies and equipment.
- Computer skills such as creating websites, navigating online databases, and evaluating technology tools and resources.
- Planning and production of library displays and basic web tools and resources.
In this program you can earn the following:
- Less than One Year Certificate
- Library/Media Assistant
Many of the library media assistant courses are available as online courses and may be used for teacher re-licensing or for professional development.
See the Catalog for information regarding program requirements.
Please note: The Library Media Assistant Program is part of PCC's Education Department, and as such is listed in the catalog as the other education programs.