The library media assistant works in all aspects of library and media center operations. PCC's Library Media Assistant program concentrates on:
- Basic library skills, such as technical processing, circulation procedures and reference materials
- Planning and production of educational media, including displays, desktop publishing and multimedia programs
- Operation of audio-visual equipment
- Using the Internet for researching information, email, graphic resources and distance learning
- Office skills such as word processing, databases and spreadsheets
- Computer operation using various types of software
- Children's and young adult literature and literature promotion
In this program you can earn the following:
- Less than One Year Certificate
- Library/Media Assistant
Many of the library courses can be used for teacher re-licensing.
See the catalog for information regarding program requirements.
Please note: The Library Media Assistant Program is part of PCC's Education Department, and as such is listed on the same catalog pages as the other education programs.