Steps to Enroll in ABE and GED Prep
- Decide where you want to study: Sylvania, Rock Creek, Cascade, or Southeast Center.
- Visit the Admissions office at the campus of your choice and fill out an admissions application form. This must be done at least 24 hours before your orientation and placement session. You can also apply online at least one week before your orientation and placement.
- ABE Orientation and Placement sessions take place at the main campuses. Attend an Orientation and Placement session at the location where you plan to attend classes. No appointment is needed. To find out information about upcoming orientation and placement sessions check the ABE Orientation and Placement sessions calendar or call the main office number 971-722-6255. Schedule is subject to changes; please call the main office to confirm before attending the selected session.
- Come to your orientation session at least half an hour prior to your scheduled time. Plan to stay for the entire 3-hour period. Return for Session 2 (by appointment) to complete orientation and to receive your class schedule. Registration for a class is not guaranteed. Some students may be placed on a waitlist.
- Be ready to pay for your classes at the time of registration, usually at session 2 of your orientation. Depending on your class schedule, class fees range from $35 to $135 per term.
- If you receive Food Stamps or Oregon Health Plan, you may be qualified for a class fee waiver.
- If you are between ages 16 and 20, you may be qualified for the YES program.
- Attend your classes!
Parking permits are required for parking on campus. Day permits are available from the yellow machines in the parking area or at the business office. DO NOT park in STAFF parking!