Online GED® classes
PCC’s online classes allows you to prepare individually for the GED® exam. The program is divided into 2 online courses where you will be able to study all four test subject areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts (RD and WR)
- Mathematical Reasoning and Science
Enrolled students who successfully graduate and complete their GED® exam will be eligible for a scholarship to continue their studies at PCC (Check with your instructor for tuition amounts, requirements and application process).
- Basic computer and Internet skills
- Regular access to a computer and the Internet
- Flexibility, discipline, and good time management skills
- Class fees $78.80 per class for the 2020-2021 academic year. Students may take both classes simultaneously.
- Classes are open to anyone 16 and older
- Students who are 16 or 17 must obtain an official release from high school and submit it to the college’s admission office before registering for classes
Steps to enroll
- New students must apply for admissions.
- Placement testing is recommended but not required (for online program only). See the ABE orientation and placement sessions for upcoming dates.
- Complete the Start Guide for Online Learning. It is filled with useful information that will help you be successful in the online environment. You will learn if you are prepared to take an online class, and if you have the necessary skills and resources to succeed:
- Log in to your MyPCC account (you will get login information after your admissions has been processed).
- Select the My Courses tab.
- In the channel called: “Ready to take online courses?”, click on the “Start Guide for online Learners” link.
This will take you to the first page of the online start guide. If you have any problems accessing the start guide, please contact the Student Help Desk for assistance.
- See the schedule and find the CRN (course number) to register for the GED® preparation online course.
Contact instructors for books and class advising:
GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and may not be used without permission. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license.