College can be expensive, but there are funds available to help with college costs, including tuition, books, and living expenses. We will walk you through the process of receiving financial aid, starting with filling out the application and ending with how to manage your financial aid over the course of your college career.
Steps to receiving financial aid
- 1) Apply
- Financial aid for college is available through the Department of Education. Apply at fafsa.gov.
- 2) Submit documents
- After the FAFSA, the PCC Financial Aid Office will request additional information from you. Go to your MyPCC Financial Aid Dashboard and look for red flags.
- 3) Review and accept award
- We will send you an email when your award is ready. The link to your award will appear in your MyPCC Financial Aid Dashboard.
- 4) Receive your funds
- After accepting your award, you must select a refund preference in the MyPCC Paying for College tab. Learn how to get your refund, charge textbooks, and get a work study position.
- 5) Maintain eligibility
- Financial aid eligibility requires students to maintain good academic standing. You can lose your aid - or even be required to give it back! You will be notified of changes to your eligibility in your PCC email and in your Financial Aid Dashboard.
Financial aid and veterans benefits
If you're using VA benefits, you can and should apply for financial aid in addition to veterans benefits. Apply for financial aid by following the steps above, and apply for veterans benefits by following the steps on the Veteran Services website.
Financial aid and scholarships
If you are thinking about applying for financial aid, you should also consider applying for scholarships. There are thousands of scholarships available for all kinds of students, from all kinds of organizations. Read more about finding and applying for scholarships.
Financial aid tools
The Federal Net Price Calculator provides an estimate of college costs and financial aid assistance. Check out the Gainful Employment Disclosures to see how your educational program will lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
See how to contact the PCC Financial Aid Office.